LegacyGT.com

Takeda 3.6R Intake Review

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be a big waste of dough. There is next to no heat soak where the intake runs. There are no direct heat transfers on the intake. The intake manifold is plastic and a aluminum throttle body there is nothing that would soak heat into the intake.

How about a jet hot coating?????

Damn you Nadracer. Just when I thought I could leave my car alone for a while.

:spin:

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

What if we dont have the resources to weld and fill the box will it still fit/be functional?

I am planning on only using the tube. I like the hks funnel and aem filter on there. I want to have a smooth tube instead of a ribbed and baffled one.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

What if we dont have the resources to weld and fill the box will it still fit/be functional?

Who said anything about welding? Looks like there was a slot that needed to be widened, but that could be done with simple hand tools since it's only plastic.

Nadracer...I think you nabbed the last one in inventory. My amazon order cancelled saying it is out of stock, and autoanything says the warehouse is out until next year.

I've PM'd Emnotek to see if they have it in stock for overnight...I need something to do on New Year's day!

I am planning on only using the tube. I like the hks funnel and aem filter on there. I want to have a smooth tube instead of a ribbed and baffled one.

Looking at the Takeda, I don't think you could use just the tube with the stock air box. Compare where the MAF attaches.

Nadracer...I think you nabbed the last one in inventory. My amazon order cancelled saying it is out of stock, and autoanything says the warehouse is out until next year.

I've PM'd Emnotek to see if they have it in stock for overnight...I need something to do on New Year's day!

I ordered mine directly from Emnotek's website Saturday morning and it said nothing about it being out of stock. Maybe I got the last one, I'll have to wait and see. I just checked Amazon and it says they have only 1 in stock, but even with Amazon Prime it cost more than Emnotek.

Amazon is out...so is Emnotek.

Apparently nstg8r got the last one...for now!

So much for immediate gratification. There is a lesson here...I should have ordered earlier :lol:

Amazon is out...so is Emnotek.

Apparently nstg8r got the last one...for now!

So much for immediate gratification. There is a lesson here...I should have ordered earlier :lol:

I just got shipping notification and tracking number. I should have it by Thursday.

Still says 1 on Amazon, are you sure you're looking up the right part number? [ame=http://www.amazon.com/aFe-TR-4304P-Takeda-Stage-2-Outback/dp/B00EOWYWGI]Amazon.com: aFe TR-4304P Takeda Stage-2 Cold Air Intake System for Subaru Outback: Automotive[/ame]

Still says 1 on Amazon, are you sure you're looking up the right part number? Amazon.com: aFe TR-4304P Takeda Stage-2 Cold Air Intake System for Subaru Outback: Automotive

If you try to proceed with order, you'll get a statement saying it can't be shipped to your address. I believe they have a disconnect somewhere.

Emnotek's price beats Amazon by quite a bit. That's where I got mine from. I had to contact them directly to get it.