• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha! Nice dude, also, let me aggregate some other dual sways:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/PoisonBeef/saab/HPIM2192.jpg

On a saab

http://personal.linkline.com/dbarton/DualSways(25mm)3.jpg

Not sure what is going on here, but it's a volvo

Here's a guy who did a nasty looking job on a mercedes http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w126-s-se-sec-sel-sd/1204879-rear-end-lazy.html

All this proves is you're not the only tard in the world.

• I Donated Too
So this is what it was like for all of you when I joined and just started posting completely useless sh!t? It took me a while, but I think I get it now.

still happens. you dont get it.

Somehow, I think you all had more fun with my 8 mile long threads. :)

no.

With a double RSB my car tended to oversteer a bit more than I would care for. I was thinking about maybe doubling up my front bar to bring the balance back to neutral (or close). Maybe even tripling up the front if I can find a small enough bar from a Honda or something. Would this work?

My armchair engineering tells me this still might not be right. Maybe 2.5x FSB and one rear? Or 2 front, 2.5 rear? That should be about right I think. Eh, I'll try 'em all - zip ties are cheap.

(If you think my comment is dumb it's because this thread is dumb)

Might as well add some hillbilly engineering to this thread:

I have decided my front spring rates are too low for my desired drop. So, I am going to cut 2" off my OEM front springs, then cut 3" off my extra set of OEM rear springs and insert the rear springs into the front springs. I am calling it the beehive spring set up. Should give me a wicked drop and bust my kidneys on rough roads. Teeth are over rated. Combine this with the double OEM rear sway bar "hack" and I am NASCAR certified by Ricky Bobby!

This obviously works, I don't see what the big joke is, but I can't say I expected more form some on this site...predictable. I admit it is a bit unorthodox but so is duct tape for aerodynamics or washers for exhaust or spoilers. Besides since the 25rsb is off the market what other options are there w/o sacrificing ride quality or dumping unlimited funds into engineering a new rsb.

This obviously works, I don't see what the big joke is, but I can't say I expected more form some on this site...predictable. I admit it is a bit unorthodox but so is duct tape for aerodynamics or washers for exhaust or spoilers. Besides since the 25rsb is off the market what other options are there w/o sacrificing ride quality or dumping unlimited funds into engineering a new rsb.

I'm not sure what the 25RSB is, but there are definitely other options...

There was a hotchkiss group buy:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2nd-annual-hotchkis-sway-bar-group-buy-215125.html

AVO, Cusco, and Whiteline are all still available.

And to save a little coin, there's always the classifieds.

Might as well add some hillbilly engineering to this thread:

I have decided my front spring rates are too low for my desired drop. So, I am going to cut 2" off my OEM front springs, then cut 3" off my extra set of OEM rear springs and insert the rear springs into the front springs. I am calling it the beehive spring set up. Should give me a wicked drop and bust my kidneys on rough roads. Teeth are over rated. Combine this with the double OEM rear sway bar "hack" and I am NASCAR certified by Ricky Bobby!

"If you ain't first, you're last, M Sprank!" Now git r' done!

I'm not sure what the 25RSB is, but there are definitely other options...

There was a hotchkiss group buy:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2nd-annual-hotchkis-sway-bar-group-buy-215125.html

AVO, Cusco, and Whiteline are all still available.

And to save a little coin, there's always the classifieds.

I have AVO RSB as mentioned above and bilstein shocks, it wasn't enough. perrin 25mm RSB is what I was referring to before auto correct.

I'm not sure what the 25RSB is, but there are definitely other options...And to save a little coin, there's always the classifieds.

I'm guessing Perrin 25mm. I got mine from another member. There's a few on eBay right now, too.

The last RSB FS thread was a nice Cobb setup in Alberta, Canada... closer to the OP than to almost anyone else.

Tits mcgee

If I put two hotchkis bars on, does that give me 44mm of sway bar?

You have to calculate cross-sectional area, but the Hotchkis is hollow, right? So... let's use a solid 25mm Perrin bar instead.

The cross sectional area of a solid OEM bar of 18mm is 3.142159 x (18/2)^2 = 254.47mm. If you use two, that's a total of 508.94mm. A 25mm Perrin bar only gives you a cross-section of 490.87mm.

OP wins. It's physics.

Tits mcgee

You have to calculate cross-sectional area, but the Hotchkis is hollow, right? So... let's use a solid 25mm Perrin bar instead.

The cross sectional area of a solid OEM bar of 18mm is 3.142159 x (18/2)^2 = 254.47mm. If you use two, that's a total of 508.94mm. A 25mm Perrin bar only gives you a cross-section of 490.87mm.

OP wins. It's physics.

Someone skipped all math classes. Pi starts with 3.14159. Errybody knows that.

I'm guessing Perrin 25mm. I got mine from another member. There's a few on eBay right now, too.

The last RSB FS thread was a nice Cobb setup in Alberta, Canada... closer to the OP than to almost anyone else.

Good to know but I am quite happy with the set up I have been running for almost 3 years now.

Archived