LegacyGT.com

Outback XT Exhaust.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
I have prodrives installed right now. Also have a Cobb CBE that has been modified with turn down tips, thinking about bolting it on to see how it compares...

That you snagged off ebay a few months ago..? If so, I was the other guy you were in a bidding war with :) 'Twas a sad day...

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

• 3 weeks later...

Where does one purchase extended hangers for our cars. I checked but they only have 12mm. Is 12mm stock size? The 15mm states it doesn't work for our cars. Is there truth to this?

My right y pipe touches my whiteline sway bar.

NRWx5vYoagUpKJFCJTroJC3ZWB_0etBL9xnX_NU58So=w1620-h911-no

Where does one purchase extended hangers for our cars. I checked but they only have 12mm. Is 12mm stock size? The 15mm states it doesn't work for our cars. Is there truth to this?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xkartboy+long+exhaust+legacy.TRS0&_nkw=kartboy+long+exhaust+legacy&_sacat=0

There are listings with different quantities as well. I got 5 to drop my Nameless CBE for my Whiteline RSB.

NRWx5vYoagUpKJFCJTroJC3ZWB_0etBL9xnX_NU58So=w1620-h911-no

Hey Kong, what mufflers are those? AVO?

• Moderators
I've used the kartboy extended hangers (15mm) without issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For folks asking about hangers--Ben, I'm not sure your info is correct here. The 12mm / 15mm refers to the size of the holes in the hangers, NOT the length. 15mm holes are way too large and no secure on the mounting points that are on the car. For 05-09 OBXTs you will want 12mm XL hangers--extended length, but stock size mounting holes.

15mm are for newer STI's i think...

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Kong, did you go full catback, or just axle back mufflers? I'm debating between these, or Nameless. Either way, since I have the H6, I don't think I'm gonna get that awesome 4 cylinder Subby sound, but at least it will be an upgrade over stock.

For folks asking about hangers--Ben, I'm not sure your info is correct here. The 12mm / 15mm refers to the size of the holes in the hangers, NOT the length. 15mm holes are way too large and no secure on the mounting points that are on the car. For 05-09 OBXTs you will want 12mm XL hangers--extended length, but stock size mounting holes.

15mm are for newer STI's i think...

Thanks! My mistake, sorry folks for the misleading info. Good thing there are smart folks around to clean up my messes.

• Moderators
Thanks! My mistake, sorry folks for the misleading info. Good thing there are smart folks around to clean up my messes.

It takes a village :)

Seriously tho, I made the same mistake trying to install an exhaust a while back. Then when you really think about it, why would you want hangers that are only 15mm long (under an inch)?!?

• 4 weeks later...
I have the Nameless Muffler Delete on a 2006 Outback with H6 the sound is amazing> there is a little drone at about 2K RPM its not that bad wife does not complain About it. Also ordering the Raptor Header for it also.

I have the Nameless Muffler Delete on a 2006 Outback with H6 the sound is amazing> there is a little drone at about 2K RPM its not that bad wife does not complain About it. Also ordering the Raptor Header for it also.

That thing is gonna sound like a beast once you get the headers on. Did you get in touch with Tim @ Raptor to get on the waiting list? They just put in a stocking order for more H6 headers. Should be about 6 weeks. Keep us posted on your progress. I have the same vehicle, but mine is an 05.

• 1 month later...
Kong, did you go full catback, or just axle back mufflers? I'm debating between these, or Nameless. Either way, since I have the H6, I don't think I'm gonna get that awesome 4 cylinder Subby sound, but at least it will be an upgrade over stock.

It's avo catback mated with an erz bellmouth catted dp. Sounds amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Reposting this from the "What did you do to your outback today" thread since it is exhaust related.

Not today, but yesterday. I test fit my new avo mufflers (Thanks Paul @Avo). These were the old design LGT sedan mufflers, so they will require some cutting of my bumper and will be tucked. I decided to put them on to see how the fit was and how much cutting I will have to do. Flanges on both mufflers contact my rear sway bar (perrin 25mm) but the passenger side needed more persuading to bolt up. I am going to order some extended hangers to give myself more clearance and then will commence cutting and adjusting.

http://i.imgur.com/Qfj4QSY.png

Once I got them on, I couldn't help but see how they sounded. Stock intake with Avo filter, cobb catted downpipe, resonated mid, and Y pipe with AVO LGT sedan mufflers that were partially covered by my outback bumper. The cobb dp, mid, and Y came off of a donor car, so I don't know what exact resonator is on there. Sorry for the belt noise and vertical video. I'll post another when everything is finalized (probably 2-3 weeks from now).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5euuAAk8oY

• Moderators
Reposting this from the "What did you do to your outback today" thread since it is exhaust related.

Not today, but yesterday. I test fit my new avo mufflers (Thanks Paul @Avo). These were the old design LGT sedan mufflers, so they will require some cutting of my bumper and will be tucked. I decided to put them on to see how the fit was and how much cutting I will have to do. Flanges on both mufflers contact my rear sway bar (perrin 25mm) but the passenger side needed more persuading to bolt up. I am going to order some extended hangers to give myself more clearance and then will commence cutting and adjusting.

Once I got them on, I couldn't help but see how they sounded. Stock intake with Avo filter, cobb catted downpipe, resonated mid, and Y pipe with AVO LGT sedan mufflers that were partially covered by my outback bumper. The cobb dp, mid, and Y came off of a donor car, so I don't know what exact resonator is on there. Sorry for the belt noise and vertical video. I'll post another when everything is finalized (probably 2-3 weeks from now).

Hmm...I don't like how short those tips are. You are either going to need to drop them way down and cut the bumper or you are going to get some pretty good melting there.

Good luck with the fitment, just welding on turn-down tips might be the best thing, but the contact with your sway sounds like an issue also.

So I am in search of what to do to my 3.0R Sedan...I have been talking to many Subaru owners of the 2.5 , 3.0 and 3.6 for exhaust sounds , did a bunch of research and am stuck on how bad the drone is on the 5'' nameless ABE. All the research I have done says drone can be bad from 2K-3K RPM....which is 75% of normal driving conditions. I could correct this with softer bushing for a slight improvement...however I am debating going to a shop and picking out something custom that will have no drone...Really like Perrin sound but for ABE im trying to keep it under $600....which nameless is close already...dunno if I can find a shop to build an exhaust around Michigan either....

any advice would be appreciated....and thanks to @housemusic for the help you have already provided.

How come you didn't just buy the outback mufflers from Paul?

I got extended hangers and it didn't solve my problem. You'll probably need 5 hangers.

So I am in search of what to do to my 3.0R Sedan...I have been talking to many Subaru owners of the 2.5 , 3.0 and 3.6 for exhaust sounds , did a bunch of research and am stuck on how bad the drone is on the 5'' nameless ABE. All the research I have done says drone can be bad from 2K-3K RPM....which is 75% of normal driving conditions. I could correct this with softer bushing for a slight improvement...however I am debating going to a shop and picking out something custom that will have no drone...Really like Perrin sound but for ABE im trying to keep it under $600....which nameless is close already...dunno if I can find a shop to build an exhaust around Michigan either....

any advice would be appreciated....and thanks to @housemusic for the help you have already provided.

no exhaust out there will give you "no drone". Even the stock exhaust will emit a soft drone. Stay stock, be happy.

Archived