LegacyGT.com

Outback XT Exhaust.

How loud is the 5". that's my curiosity. i like it quiet.

Loud 😱

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well, I'd say that it is quite loud so far.

I took some dB readings after the install (sorry none before) and from 10ft directly to the rear it's 72dB at idle. 82dB at 3k RPM and up to 96dB with some throttle blipping (up to 6k or so)

90dB is 4 times as loud at 70dB - basically like a lawnmower

https://www.chem.purdue.edu/chemsafety/Training/PPETrain/dblevels.htm

Told ya!

But I still :wub: ... for now.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

It's a bit much, but surprisingly my wife doesn't seem to mind. She said she actually likes it. We'll see how she feels on a several hour road trip on the highway.

I do intend to take some sound clips today. I think the sound actually mellowed out a bit a few hours after I installed a new map.

this terrible video doesn't really do the sound justice:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mph103g8CzE]2005 Subaru Outback XT 5MT with Nameless turboback exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

whiteline 20mm adjustable, with avo endlinks.

corners much flatter in the rear now.

I have the same RSB but I had clearance issues with my Nameless CBE and I ended up having to get extended hangers to alleviate this issue.

I ordered just the axle back 5" muffler setup from nameless and should receive/install them in the next couple of weeks or so. I am currently all stock and will be doing a downpipe before too long as well. I haven't decided on what I want to do for a mid pipe yet but I will update as I go. I will go ahead and take video before and after each step:

1. Stock

2. Axle back only

3. DP and Axle back

4. DP Mid and axle back (whenever that happens)

I have the same RSB but I had clearance issues with my Nameless CBE and I ended up having to get extended hangers to alleviate this issue.

I think we've discussed this before...but I too had clearance issues with my CBE and WL RSB; KB extended exhaust hangers did the trick, until I installed my OEM hitch, :spin: which contacts the hangers and pushes up on them just enough to get some periodic contact/rattling between the RSB and Y-Pipe.

weird. I had no clearance issues at all. how much lower does the exhaust hang now?

whiteline 20mm adjustable, with avo endlinks.

corners much flatter in the rear now.

you on stock struts? switching to prev gen outback rear struts does more than the RSB swap does. I did my SB upgrade before the struts and it really made no big noticeable difference. Once the rear struts were swapped, thats when i noticed the biggest handling gain

you on stock struts? switching to prev gen outback rear struts does more than the RSB swap does. I did my SB upgrade before the struts and it really made no big noticeable difference. Once the rear struts were swapped, thats when i noticed the biggest handling gain

yep, stock struts. My plan is to upgrade them once the need arises. But, my car has all of 42k miles, so it will be a while.

Question for those of you who cut out the bumper for the muffler tips, what did you use to do the cutting?

I'm no modding expert and would like to use the right (or good) tool for the job. Aviation tin snips? Box cutter? Razor blade?

Question for those of you who cut out the bumper for the muffler tips, what did you use to do the cutting?

I'm no modding expert and would like to use the right (or good) tool for the job. Aviation tin snips? Box cutter? Razor blade?

After my Nameless exhaust melted my bumper around the tips, I used a heat gun to heat up the bumper and a box cutter to trim it.

In any case, I also suffer from a melted bumper and it is quite ugly. But I saw this last week in a walmart parking lot on a wrx. I think I will do something very similar on mine. Just need to figure out how...

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=209627&d=1432824925

exhaust_tip.jpg.9f37ce668a99f33349a9986ea6996ef6.jpg

• Moderators

japan parts or something like that has exhaust finishers of some sort that might fit or might be able to be modded to fit...

Like this: http://www.avojdm.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_54_60&products_id=125&osCsid=414b36ee30b5e4f2735e5f01d0bc7e63

Thread here with some fitment issues: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-ca-07-08-exhaust-finisher-133392.html

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• 1 month later...
Just wanted to throw a comment in here that anyone considering Nameless Performance for their CBE or other needs shouldn't hesitate. mine came in and is installed, and I couldn't be happier. the fabrication, fit and look are top notch, as is the sound. I'm still tweaking some things with the tune (got an accessport from them too, to tune after other mods i'd made), but everything is great, and their customer service has been excellent along the way.

Archived