LegacyGT.com

GrimmSpeed 08+ WRX/LGT Top Mount Intercooler - Any Interest?

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds great! I'm in for the GB too and it sounds like it will be a bit less than what I was budgeting for. It was nice to see the pic of it installed. I ordered a turbo blanket right after I saw it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A while ago they mentioned they would stop updating that thread and send everything out by email...doesn't seem to be the case.

they're still answering some of the reasonable questions, one of which was what the pricing would be like. someone mentioned they heard over the phone it was $900+ so I'm sure he wanted to put out a fire before it started.

also, they keep responding to the unreasonable statements like "OMG this isn't out fastar enuff you bad company i buy knockoff and complain" ...really wish they would just ignore those

from nasioc....

Thanks for all of the patience and support! We've talked about the 'late to the party' comments a few times, so I'll keep this brief, but we definitely don't expect people to be waiting around for this product. We're all car guys here and we understand the need to complete a setup and so on. This thread was started to gauge interest and make sure that we thought there was room, given the current offerings, to make some serious improvement. If you had to go and buy a different TMIC, I'm sorry that it couldn't be ours, but I completely understand!

Updates. Regarding timing, we're still pushing really hard to be shipping by the end of the year. We've got some super exciting things going on behind the scenes here that we're needing to juggling with the production of these intercoolers, but everything is looking good.

Regarding pricing, you've been getting vague answers from our customer service guys because I've been giving them vague answers until we can confidently nail things down. With that said, let's nail down the pricing right now!

MSRP for the full kit (TMIC, silicone, splitter and hardware) will be $999.99.

That's a $150 savings over that other option, for a much nicer setup.

You can expect trusted dealers to be selling as low as $879.99.

Group Buy pricing will blow both of those out of the water.

Matt Beenen

Engineering

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

and...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90crxfreak View Post

Will that extra black coating cost about $100 more?

Yep, it'll be in the $100 range.

Also, to be super clear (since the PW is now available with black powdercoating), our coating is a thermal dispersant and is MUCH different than powdercoating. Powdercoating adds an additional thermal barrier, while thermal dispersant increases the thermal conductivity of the surface that it's applied to.

Think of it like licking your finger and sticking it up in the wind (GS thermal dispersant) vs. putting a glove on and doing the same (powdercoating).

Matt Beenen

Engineering

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Matt, with the end so near, and the Christmas shopping so close, can we get a GB started with a deposit and may be a couple of next payment dates so we can spread the cost out over a next 8 weeks or so ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I figured I'd kick the can on a lay-a way plan. I PM'ed them.

Quick response to my PM. I was amazed.

They are not ready to start a GB yet, want to make sure everything is in place and priced well first.

Again, shows why they are a great company.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

dam I want this thing really bad but cant wait til xmas to purchase. I have a gigantic leak on my stock tmic that is causing enough trouble that I feel I need to replace asap.

Just pick up a used stock tmic for cheap. ~$50 and it'll hold up until the GS group buy.