LegacyGT.com

GrimmSpeed 08+ WRX/LGT Top Mount Intercooler - Any Interest?

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/12/59ab50846cf637e66e713efde30f5ec7.jpg this was posted today as well
StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

Looks like nice clearance between the intake manifold and the front of the core. that's always been a tight place.

Does it mount to the stud that's on the bracket with the big brown connector ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Looks like nice clearance between the intake manifold and the front of the core. that's always been a tight place.

Does it mount to the stud that's on the bracket with the big brown connector ?

I think the angle of the photo throws you off here... It looks like there's a couple of inches based on the turbo to ic connection between them. Probably has a mount that replaces the engine hoist hook like the PW unit.

I wish people would realize that product development takes much longer than they think. If they waited any longer, there would be less interest generated (this is free advertising almost). Releasing stuff like this at the end, it would amount to "Hey, this is how we did it" without any teasers.

Signed,

A product development engineer at a company that is not GS

Insider info:

Getting molds/dies made usually takes 10 weeks alone on top of getting prototype parts in.

More insider info:

Product development engineers don't work on only one project at a time.

:spin::rolleyes:

I wish people would realize that product development takes much longer than they think.

Signed,

A product development engineer at a company that is not GS

Insider info:

Getting molds/dies made usually takes 10 weeks alone on top of getting prototype parts in.

More insider info:

Product development engineers don't work on one project at a time.

:spin::rolleyes:

Not a project engineer, but I totally agree.

I'd rather have to wait longer and get a better product because they actually took the time to find out what people wanted anyway.

I just took my CNT downpipe off and put a GrimmSpeed on. Aside from the seemingly undocumented need for an O2 sensor extension (I just cut and added cable), it is far superior. I could actually fit a box wrench on the bolts (!!!) It's like they designed it with installation in mind!

It's the little things that count. Little things are details that take proper planning and design process. AND TESTING.

If you're waiting for a GrimmSpeed unit it's because you know you want a quality piece and have no pressing need to get an intercooler at this very moment.

I guarantee you the FMS knockoff is going to be a POS that requires a hammer for installation.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Those would work. I was more disappointed I was under the car and went to plug the O2 sensor in and I had about 10" of air that couldn't be gapped. I knew how to fix it, it just wasn't a "documented accessory" or something I knew prior to purchasing it.

I did it on a Sunday (stores closed early) and didn't feel like having an incomplete project :lol: One of the first extensions I found was $30, at which price I'd rather get a universal O2 sensor and crimp it into the original wiring harness anyway.

I'm not afraid of cutting and splicing wiring on a sensor. A good crimp will not fail since it essentially cold welds the copper together into one solid piece.

Those would work. I was more disappointed I was under the car and went to plug the O2 sensor in and I had about 10" of air that couldn't be gapped. I knew how to fix it, it just wasn't a "documented accessory" or something I knew prior to purchasing it.

I did it on a Sunday (stores closed early) and didn't feel like having an incomplete project :lol: One of the first extensions I found was $30, at which price I'd rather get a universal O2 sensor and crimp it into the original wiring harness anyway.

I'm not afraid of cutting and splicing wiring on a sensor. A good crimp will not fail since it essentially cold welds the copper together into one solid piece.

I had this happen with my turbo xs downpipe before the GS came out. It seems to only be a problem in the 05 and 06 because apparently the plug is shorter. It took a while before anyone I contacted even had an answer for it.

from the thread on nasioc:

Regarding pricing, you've been getting vague answers from our customer service guys because I've been giving them vague answers until we can confidently nail things down. With that said, let's nail down the pricing right now!

MSRP for the full kit (TMIC, silicone, splitter and hardware) will be $999.99.

That's a $150 savings over that other option, for a much nicer setup.

You can expect trusted dealers to be selling as low as $879.99.

Group Buy pricing will blow both of those out of the water.

Matt Beenen

Engineering