LegacyGT.com

GrimmSpeed 08+ WRX/LGT Top Mount Intercooler - Any Interest?

All i want is a TMIC that will fit with sti style turbo's and LGT intake manifold, something with no gangster lean and when bolted in place lines up properly with the rest of the the engine! Also hopefully it comes with a splitter to maximise airflow onto it from the hood scoop. And RHD fitment too. Cherry on top would be nice :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, what's the holdup? Just copy the Process West and increase the core in all three directions by a fraction of an inch, bring the price down, and BAM! ;)

Now now, you know that's not our style. :lol:

In all seriousness, this is still moving along. The R&D/test phase of the project is not something that I've ever rushed and I don't intend to start now. I'm still hopeful that we'll have something released in the spring, but if I'm not happy with where we're at in the performance/fitment/quality/cost balance, I won't hesitate to let it delay the project. What that means for you, though, is that you know that when it's available, this thing will be the bee's knees.

Yes, it will come with a replacement splitter and yes, it will fit an sti style turbo.

Just wanted to give you guys an update, as it's been too long!

Matt Beenen

Engineering

In all seriousness, this is still moving along. The R&D/test phase of the project is not something that I've ever rushed and I don't intend to start now. I'm still hopeful that we'll have something released in the spring, but if I'm not happy with where we're at in the performance/fitment/quality/cost balance, I won't hesitate to let it delay the project. What that means for you, though, is that you know that when it's available, this thing will be the bee's knees.

Yes, it will come with a replacement splitter and yes, it will fit an sti style turbo.

Matt Beenen

Engineering

Thanks Matt :cool: Since I'm Grimmspeed faithful - I'm seriously considering parting ways with my beloved Process West for a US designed and built equivalent :cool: If you need real world testing/comparisons - I'd be happy to oblige with the assistance of my tuner, with before and after logs and dynos ;)

Matt Beenen

Engineering

That is good to hear. I'm looking forward to this and would probably get rid of my current US made, somewhat ill fitting intercooler, hopefully smaller one, for the G.S. creation.

Thanks for the update, looking forward to result's, hopefully spring time when the warmer weather returns.

It's to cold to be messing with the cars right now.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Just wanted to chime in assure you that we haven't forgotten about this! It's still coming along. Pending some successful testing, we should have some real photos to share in the not tooo distant future!

Matt Beenen

Engineering

NYX - That's a WRX/STI fitment. Note, piping and ducting are not included in that price - both would be required for an LGT/08+Forester & WRX TMIC, so plan the price-point realism a bit higher than RSD has them listed..
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

NYX - That's a WRX/STI fitment. Note, piping and ducting are not included in that price - both would be required for an LGT/08+Forester & WRX TMIC, so plan the price-point realism a bit higher than RSD has them listed..

Apologies, I was just posting that for a price comparison to what they currently sell.

But wait, you are saying is that the one I have posted is for the core only? And you have to buy an extra "fit kit" to make it work?