LegacyGT.com

Wicked Bro Meet LGT Meetup

Nrw

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

I understand there was communication issues, and the lines did suck. But when you have 4k cars show up with atleast 2 people per car that's a **** ton of people to check tickets from.

They did have more "entertainment" for the people complained about that last year.

Itinerary and a better p/a system would be a big plus moving forward IMO.

i made a nice post, they need an event program now. It is too big to assume people know what is going on now. Signage is key for events like this when directing large amounts of people especially during the initial rush of people showing up early.

Read through and saw they had 45 volunteers. Only 25 showed up i believe.

Excuse for almost everything was that they were understaffed. Which I get... but it should have never happened.

WBM was definitely not worth my $50. I wonder what their profit was....

I've gone 3-4 years in a row now...

This year, the organization sucked, but the vendors, etc were still great.

We got there at like 130-200 pm ish.. The entrance that we usually enter in, had a sign that said WBM with arrows pointing further down the road... So we went to the next entrance, which appeared to have been the exit. We tried to go in that way, but found no ticket booth, or person taking money, etc...

So I went BACK to the initial entrance... went in that way. Made my way to the exhaust competition (parking lot), and no person to take my money... So I went BACK to the other entrance (the exit I guess), and just parked. I walked right in with my buddy. No one to stop me. We tried for 45 minutes to find someone to take our money, and for someone to sell our raffle tickets. Nada.

So we just walked around, and were not able to participate in the raffle, etc. By the looks of the raffle ticket/goodie bag line, im ok with that anyways.

The area that the raffle was held in was a shit show as well. Half of the ppl were behind the announcer on the wrong side of the fence. What was wrong with the normal/old spot?? For the exhaust competition as well...? Seemed scattered this year.

It was nice to see a couple more food vendors.. but how bout a couple more?!! When the food line is 30-60 minutes long even with food vendors... bring in a few more!!! Even the food workers were bitchin'.

But as Neil said, it was pretty good otherwise, and i'll be back. just some constructive criticism.

i made a nice post, they need an event program now. It is too big to assume people know what is going on now. Signage is key for events like this when directing large amounts of people especially during the initial rush of people showing up early.

signs would have been GREAT. Even coming off the highway for noobs.

Treat it like a big event!!

bet it is a good chunk...low end admission figure 2000x20 = $40000 just in ticket sales if every one only paid at the gate. That does not even include what they pull in from vendors, food, premium tickets, show entrants, auto x entrants, sponsorship money. I would love to see their budget cause their costs are basic for the most part with police details, and raceway rental price. T-Shirts are probably a big cost ($10-$12 in cost per). I am more than confident who ever is getting paid to put this on is doing quite alright

signs would have been GREAT. Even coming off the highway for noobs.

Treat it like a big event!!

Exactly they assume that everyone that is there went the year before and already knows what is going on. Which would work if you didn't switch things up every year lol. Details, detail, details, and the planner do not see them as important when in reality its what makes the biggest difference.

vendors SHOULD be paying to have the right to be there not the other way around. Or you have them come for free and take a % of their sales for the day. If they are paying vendors to be there then their event is not as popular as they think it is lol

Exactly they assume that everyone that is there went the year before and already knows what is going on. Which would work if you didn't switch things up every year lol. Details, detail, details, and the planner do not see them as important when in reality its what makes the biggest difference.

Yeah, my type A personality was very unhappy at arrival. LOL

The price for being a vendor?

That cost isn't too bad especially for someone who sells big ticket items, ie tunes...

It's hard to measure your income as a result of an event like this, for someone like Bren, or another tuner.

You are working to booth to promote your name, and become big in the culture, just as much as you are working the booth to sign people up for tunes next week.

As a vendor, you need to look at the big picture with events like this. It shows you are an active part in the community. Bren is active in many car mfg communities, not just Subaru. Maybe it's not really worth it to him to focus on one. Who knows. I know he's always very busy, making so many damn people happy! lol

subaru is like a $5 bill in comparison to tuning BMW's and Mercedes. He is already well established in the Subaru Market so to go every year probably not as necessary for someone just trying to break into the market. as you can see im clearly bored at work and just trolling threads lol

It was cool to meet up and hang out with the Manchester Crew but I wish that more of the Leggys could have caravaned/parked in a group. Would have been cool to meet and see some your rides as well. I did however, plan that whole trip in 2 hours so I'm not complaining :)

If I come again I will try to do more planning and help organize if I can. Scoobapalooza is this weekend in St. Louis if any of you are going to that...

i wish i got to meet you, but you werent around by the time i made it to the tent for a brief appearance!

Lol yea, I did a quick wipe down of my front end, wheels, and exhaust before going in and beating the GINORMOUS line and I stayed in pretty much the whole time. I meant to go out and chill at the tents for a couple hours but too busy seeing all the vendors.

I did however get to meet Paul Hanson from AVO and Tim Bailey from Cobb which was pretty cool :)

Archived