LegacyGT.com

Vacation Picures 8

Heticor

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They can use version 6 that is out there as far as I am concerned. People were given plenty of time to get into this for a very small price. People too cheap to do that dont deserve to get in on this.

Just my opinion.

Someone paid for those too though. I don't know, just thinking of sharing the wealth, paying it forward to our community. More so for the future lgt owners. I was stoked to find the v6 pics when i bought my car 6 months ago, made me realize how cool the community was.

Just an idea, if no one is into it, thats fine.

Why not keep em up for new guys for a small fee or have people get together for anoher group buy? I too would be bummed if i paid when i could have just waited a week and gotten it for free. Just my .02

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

One member that assisted others with the v7 vacation pictures setup a secure FTP site. This was a great idea to handle future interest for those who didn't get the original offering. For a small fee (15) to anyone interested, they could access the pictures. This would also allow a fund to be generated for future versions, and become a great resource for the community.

One member that assisted others with the v7 vacation pictures setup a secure FTP site. This was a great idea to handle future interest for those who didn't get the original offering. For a small fee (15) to anyone interested, they could access the pictures. This would also allow a fund to be generated for future versions, and become a great resource for the community.

that's a good idea. If anyone wants the new ones, they pay and it starts a fund for the next picture update.

The people that did not pay have version 7, and when version 9 is out, we can release version 8 so the payers have the latest version and the other are one version behind.

That works for me. Sucks that i got messages asking for the torrent when i posted in favor of releasing it. Like I’m just going to take it upon myself to give away something i had a fraction of.

I was just brainstorming about that part and is how I'd do it. The previous member who hosted the secure FTP did not commit to that.

It's a good idea in theory. The problem is asking someone to keep track of and hold onto that money until the next release, which may be 2 years from now. Or might never happen if they stop supporting our navi hardware.

That works for me. Sucks that i got messages asking for the torrent when i posted in favor of releasing it. Like I’m just going to take it upon myself to give away something i had a fraction of.

Probably the same people that wanted in, then decided not to pay when the time came. They can wait till the next update now. :spin:

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

It's a good idea in theory. The problem is asking someone to keep track of and hold onto that money until the next release, which may be 2 years from now. Or might never happen if they stop supporting our navi hardware.

Probably the same people that wanted in, then decided not to pay when the time came. They can wait till the next update now. :spin:

In the two years I've had my spec.B there's been version 6, 7 and now 8. They seem annual to me. This group purchase was just that, a limited group, and honestly I wanted to be a part of it. Due to moving houses, and no high speed internet for a while besides my work and phone (neither of which downloading a torrent was appropriate), I missed this one. The previous person who hosted the secure FTP was able to continue offering it for months, rather than a closed group system that screws any future interest (and who would have no issue paying a mere 15 compared to full rip for the original).

Who knows, I may just get an original set myself and work on a solution. People are still grabbing 6 & 7 as new owners buy these cars, and others find the updates. One time offering for a select few seems short sighted to me. Great for the select few who got it though I'm sure.

They very well could continue to be annual. It's just that the system is 5 years old now, so who knows how long they'll keep offering updates for it.

And I'd be happy to offer the torrent file to anyone that wants to pay what everyone else payed. I just meant that the people wanting it for free shouldn't get it free this soon after we all just chipped in. Meh, I phrased it too harsh in my last post :redface:

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
Im going to bump this up. Anyone have any issues with their disks? Mine will not let me enter an address sometimes, and i'll have to restart the car to fix it. Some times its up to 5 times before i'll be able to enter an address. Im going to try reburning it when i get home. I'll also post the brand im using incase thats the cause.

Archived