LegacyGT.com

spec-B in the us

subastyle

hey guys just got the inside tip..i dont know if people know but a version of the spec-B is coming out in october..they are only making 500 they are all titaniaum silver with the red brick leather and door trip with a few other little extras..if you dint know or need any info hit me up ..starts at 34,000:D

will be woth some money down the road

Not likely as a collector's car. Sure it's going to be limited production, but with no performance improvements. Just another higher profit margin trim level for the US.

If it were a 3.0R Spec B . . . now that would be a different story.

Not likely as a collector's car. Sure it's going to be limited production, but with no performance improvements. Just another higher profit margin trim level for the US.

Agreed,,,,,,36-38k thats alot of money fr a Legacy

Not likely as a collector's car. Sure it's going to be limited production, but with no performance improvements.

...no performance enhancements except for the Bilstein suspension, larger rear sway bar and better rubber...

The Spec-B will do two things for us, the consumer...

1) Make the Bilstein suspension, sway bar and wheels more easily availible in the US.

2) If it sells well it will encourage SOA to move forward with even better Legacy models...if sales are slow...it will hurt any chance we have of getting something better.

...no performance enhancements except for the Bilstein suspension, larger rear sway bar and better rubber...

The Spec-B will do two things for us, the consumer...

1) Make the Bilstein suspension, sway bar and wheels more easily availible in the US.

2) If it sells well it will encourage SOA to move forward with even better Legacy models...if sales are slow...it will hurt any chance we have of getting something better.

Indeed. . . but to answer the question I made that quote for. . . it won't do much to keep up the value of the car.

I understand the Bilstein suspension will have a US part number as a result of this, but last I checked, most aftermarket alternatives (from a performance standpoint) do a better job, and will easily be less expensive to purchase. Sway bars. . . same story.

You are right about the sales needing to be there in order for better iterations of said car to be brought to our shores, though. If the WRX hadn't sold so well when it was introduced here several years ago, we wouldn't have WRX STis running around on our roads, either. :)

+1 on the twin turbo 3.0R Spec B....

Yuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm now we are talking... But with the same 2.5L Turbo 250/250 plus some suspension and small tweaks, not worthy the 8-10k more!!!!

+1 on they can keep them!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Let me get this straight... Subaru won't make an real perfomance-oriented Legacy unless we buy up the underwhelming poser?

As crazy as it may sound, they should consider making a car that more people want. Do they really feel that the Spec-B is that car?

Indeed. . . but to answer the question I made that quote for. . . it won't do much to keep up the value of the car.

Yo're right, car's are not, and have never been a good investment. :D

You are right about the sales needing to be there in order for better iterations of said car to be brought to our shores, though. If the WRX hadn't sold so well when it was introduced here several years ago, we wouldn't have WRX STis running around on our roads, either. :)

And if the 2.5RS hadn't sold well back in '98-'01 we would have never seen the WRX...;)

Let me get this straight... Subaru won't make an real perfomance-oriented Legacy unless we buy up the underwhelming poser?

As crazy as it may sound, they should consider making a car that more people want. Do they really feel that the Spec-B is that car?

I totally agree.

I also don't drive my car like an idiot, or race it offroad, so whatever "Bilstein suspension" is, it doesn't mean anything to me. The Legacy did terrible on the magazine road test skid pad, so adding better suspension would be nice, but to most American carbuyers, it is an afterthought.

If they don't add some extra juice, then it won't sell. And it wouldn't be hard for Subaru to do it, either. All they need to do is remove the pre-cat, and retune the ECU to run 14psi. They could rate it at 280 horsepower right there, and I would be an interested buyer.

I can't believe I am seeing people pegging the Spec B at more than $10k over a GT.

Subaru prices the 06 LGT 5MT at ~26.5k, 5EAT at just under 28k, and 5EAT w/ NAV under 30k. (from SOA press release)

Now... Take out the $1600 5EAT trans. Add 2k for Nav, and a few hundred for the suspension, wheels, paint and red leather (not for the miniscule costs, but for marketing value) and there is no reason that this car should cost more than 31.5k at the most. 30k would be better, and probably do-able.

At 30k, If I like the red interior, and the wife doesn't mind the silver paint, I'd consider it. I'd probably sell the spec b wheels and get wider ones. might even consider selling the NAV to some poor soul who bought one of the many trims that don't get NAV. I like the screen in the dash, but I have no real use for a $2k road map. Selling the nav would probably pay for most of a stage 2 upgrade, with the bilstein suspension would make for a really nice everyday performance car.

and kenzo, about your assertion, I am totally in agreement with you. That is why corporate decisionmaking is such a dice throw. If they base their decisions on the results of their own mistakes, the actual customer can't win for losing. If they would just listen to their enthusiasts (US!!) they'd have a great template for what to make, and they'd likely sell every unit, and get a real sense of what customer base they could have for a higher-perf Legacy.

But, of course, if they listened to us, they'd never have pulled the manual trans from the wagon... Expecting more than boneheaded decisions might be too much to expect.

a few corrections for sportsedan.....

Nav will only be available on auto's and the spec b.

MSRP on LGT LTD 5eat is appx. 32K plus 625 dest.

Auto trans is 1200 msrp

And the spec b will most likely be 33,995+625+options

at least thats the word on the streets(my SOA rep)

Mike....

a few corrections for sportsedan.....

Nav will only be available on auto's and the spec b.

MSRP on LGT LTD 5eat is appx. 32K plus 625 dest.

Auto trans is 1200 msrp

And the spec b will most likely be 33,995+625+options

at least thats the word on the streets(my SOA rep)

Mike....

So the NAV is going to be on the MT spec B? 6 speed was it?

That is a great marketing ploy if so.

Nah, 5MT. I knew that the NAV is Spec B and GT 5EAT. I was re-constructing the price of the spec B from the GT 5MT sedan, and added NAV in.

However, I found out in the in the other 06 thread that SOA can't even report the right numbers for MSRP. Morons.

I just hope that with the delete of the 5EAT, and addition of Bilstein suspension, that the Spec B isn't much more expensive than the GT 5EAT w/NAV.

$33.9k is too damn much. Especially considering the equipment list, and no more power, extra transmission gear, or VTD AWD.

If that money meant real performance advancement, rather than a fancy electronic map, It might bode better for sales prospects on this board, and myself particularly.

The thing is, besides the now defunct blue/black color combo, silver and red is the most appealing to me.

Doh, Doh, Doh. Used car market, here I come...

Spec B is a waste of $ we all know that. Even if they did bump it to 280, the 6k increase is still a joke. For 600.00 you can get an accessport and get 280. And red leather? WTF were they thinking? my07 is fugly. I wanted an 06 mt gt non limited with nav but that's out. No change in the stereo is still a huge downfall.

I know i'm not buying a subaru anytime soon now. The 06 lexus is350 has 306hp and has everything we all want with the leg. All IS models come with a miniplug port in the center console for your MP3/Windows Media® Audio (WMA) player. Now you can plug your iPod® or other device directly into the IS audio system. Dolby® Digital 5.1, and DTS 5.1, The surround sound system with 7.1-channel architecture is tailored specifically to the acoustics of the IS interior and the discerning audiophile. Mark Levinson® Premium Surround Sound System. Bi-Xenon Projector HID Headlamps with AFS. Six-Speed Paddle Shifters. Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM).

Wow. For maybe 3k more than a spec B WHO wouldn't take the lexus?

Oh, and paddle shifter tranys aren't all that. Take for example, my neighbor had a 05 M3 stickshift and had a problem with it and got the dealer to swap it for a 05 M3 competition package paddle shifter.

He had chip exhaust, intake on it and races them so he knows both cars well.

The stickshift is slower the first 3 shifts (1-3) then it starts pulling away, which is what he went throug on the previous car.

Cliff Notes: Just a bait to make more sales ;) Try racing an auto GT and a manual GT with all the same options/upgrades and find out.

Wow. For maybe 3k more than a spec B WHO wouldn't take the lexus?

Me. This is my first Subaru (not counting the WRX my fiancée had) and if there was a Spec B wagon with 5mt and NAV available when I bought my LGT, I would have bought it. $30K or $34K, I would have made the purchase.

I especially like the IS 350 that has a manual transmission - whoops, there isn't one ;)

Every article I've read says that lexus screwed that one up. Hopefully in 07 they'll add an smg.

Didn't mean to hijack this thread. Was just doing a quick comparo with the spec B.

I really wanted to trade my 02wrx for an 06 leg but the options aren't even close to what I want.

Leonardo, I don't care about going super fast in any subaru anymore. When I get back in my rex after riding my gsxr750 it feels like a kia.

Archived