LegacyGT.com

Potentially new WRX

shribob

Am I color blind? Looks like all these accents are yellow, not green.

I've heard quite a few people call them green.

I guess its right in the dead center, so either is fine :lol:.

My Point is every WRX ricer fanboi around my neck of the woods has wheels that color and have completely ruined it for me. I think flat brimmed hat wearing punk kid with 45 monster and DC shoe stickers on their Ski rack when i see that.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see green myself. ^_^

I'm seriously color blind then :lol:

Those calipers don't look anything like green to me... They color matched the emblem, calipers and exhaust tips. They even mentioned it was supposed to be a homage to the old school WRC Wrx, which is blue and yellow.

Either way:

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/264/200/acb.jpg

I was at the NYIAS today. It looks great in person. I took some photos and video, but I have to be up for work in about 5 hours so I'll get those up later.

However they had this brochure card there. If you download an app called "Subaru Discover" on your smartphone (iPhone or Android) and then point it at this photo you get an animated, slide-show-y thing. Gimmicky, but maybe some of you will get a kick out of it. Here's the photo:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8529/8602295612_fc28238901_b.jpg

Couldn't care less about STI or WRX sedan. If one is looking for a performance sedan - there are plenty of AWD options out there. Performance hatch/wagon with AWD is a rare breed and this is where Subaru had a niche. Off to find a new '13 STI hatch while they are still plentyful.

There are plenty of options? Me thinks you just threw that out and there and hope that it stuck lol. Now there are a lot of AWD perfornance Sedan's, they are not "options" since they all start at 20K+ on top of a WRX.

There are plenty of options? Me thinks you just threw that out and there and hope that it stuck lol. Now there are a lot of AWD perfornance Sedan's, they are not "options" since they all start at 20K+ on top of a WRX.

There are AWD sedan options with a bit less performance, but more features in the high-20s (Taurus SEL, Charger SXT), and there are plenty of options with performance similar to WRX and infinitely more luxury in mid-30s. Not sure where your 20k comes from. And that's if you constrain yourself to new-only. With lightly used there's a ton of options for performance sedans with AWD and warranty. Heck, it can be a 2 y.o. used car and still have better warranty than Subaru, and more luxury/similar performance.

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38/stu-nami/facebook95509159239_zpsc856dd08.jpg

Lets see here. Left? Or Right?...I prefer the subie due to its aggressive styling. That's a lot og the reason why too I went a 5thgen lgt over a 4thgen.

If the stlying isn't something yoi prefer I guess we can partially blame toyota for an influence of it ya think?

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38/stu-nami/facebook95509159239_zpsc856dd08.jpg

Lets see here. Left? Or Right?...I prefer the subie due to its aggressive styling. That's a lot og the reason why too I went a 5thgen lgt over a 4thgen.

If the stlying isn't something yoi prefer I guess we can partially blame toyota for an influence of it ya think?

Toyota only had influence on the BRZ's styling

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are AWD sedan options with a bit less performance, but more features in the high-20s (Taurus SEL, Charger SXT), and there are plenty of options with performance similar to WRX and infinitely more luxury in mid-30s. Not sure where your 20k comes from. And that's if you constrain yourself to new-only. With lightly used there's a ton of options for performance sedans with AWD and warranty. Heck, it can be a 2 y.o. used car and still have better warranty than Subaru, and more luxury/similar performance.

Not if you want a manual transmission.

Will the price increase or stay the same? i notice that a mid level Regular Impreza mid range model is almost 23K! i just hope the WRX stays in at around 24-26K. So the all new car will be a 2015 model or a 2014? if Subaru uses the current GR for 2014 that would be ridiculous. Because that would make the GR what 6-7 years old?! bring on the hatch i wanna see both production variants of the all new car! i'm excited! i hope 2014 will be the all new model so the GR should be phased out by the end of 2013.

Will the price increase or stay the same?

North of $30k

So the all new car will be a 2015 model or a 2014?

Most likely a short 2014 model year in GR body (like '13 Forester), and new WRX early in '14 as '15 model.

bring on the hatch

Not happening, confirmed by some SOA dude. Which is why I'm gonna get a GR despite age.

Will the price increase or stay the same? i notice that a mid level Regular Impreza mid range model is almost 23K! i just hope the WRX stays in at around 24-26K. So the all new car will be a 2015 model or a 2014? if Subaru uses the current GR for 2014 that would be ridiculous. Because that would make the GR what 6-7 years old?! bring on the hatch i wanna see both production variants of the all new car! i'm excited! i hope 2014 will be the all new model so the GR should be phased out by the end of 2013.

The current cheapest WRX is mid 26's with the destination charge. So its already past 24-26k.

North of $30k

Most likely a short 2014 model year in GR body (like '13 Forester), and new WRX early in '14 as '15 model.

Not happening, confirmed by some SOA dude. Which is why I'm gonna get a GR despite age.

What do you mean there won't be a hatch? just curious. Hatch or not i love the concept WRX Sedan and i'll probably get the Sedan it looks awesome!

He also confirmed the WRX would not be produced as a hatchback this time around as “performance cars are more defined in the sedan segment”.

But due to the popularity of hot hatches in various markets around the world such as Europe and Australia, it is unclear if Mr Doll was talking in the context of his native North American market.

“For the new generation we are moving away from the five-door style,” he said. “Because performance cars are more defined in the sedan segment.

19th paragraph down.

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/50D1FEB680CB49DCCA257B3C005FF260

Archived