LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Legacy today? [PNW Edition]

tpeterson4237

I had mine up on ramps all day yesterday. Installed a silver Hella horn kit, my TRS retrofitted HID headlights that I painted the housings in SEM charcoal metallic with a satin black shroud. Killed the DRL and installed 3000K LED fogs (yellow). Put my summer CF front lip on after the bumper was back on. Also put on the Prodrive radiator and coolant cap emblems and polished the headlight lenses.

Still need to aim the projectors but they are close and I'll tackle that before driving at night. Pretty sweet running bi-xenons + halogen high beams simultaneously - the flood of light will be good for driving back roads at night :D

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/LGTspecB/specB%202013/b039e437-51f5-460f-abb4-286504d4e09b-1.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/LGTspecB/specB%202013/C6AABBFB-3EF9-4071-8C6D-45F1B3D404F3-188-0000003F987C2A85.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/LGTspecB/specB%202013/E922A50E-4F98-40A3-8EBA-AFBBCC1D75AE-188-0000003F9A98430E.jpg

Looks awesome! I really need to redo my lights but I don't have the patience to tear into that project again lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 6

torque impresses girrls, hp impresses flat-bills

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ill let you see whats diff with the car then end of next month when i come down to hangout with an old friend in portland

Edit: maybe ill bring some goodies you might want to trade something for :cool:

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff504/spotter_300/SULU.jpg

May need to get in on that action...:lol:

In the past four weeks, I've been able to: black out my tails, install boost gauge, throw on Perrin radiator and alternator/pulley shroud, Perrin short ram intake, HIDs, Schroth Rallye Cross 4-Point harness, and some other misc. mumbo-jumbo.

Finally was able to snap a pic of the engine bay and do some glamour shots. Also, as I was photographing a wedding this weekend, I couldn't help taking some shots with the weather!

Great Pics. Sweet looking GRP wagon!

Are you planning on taking your car to the track for HPDE or lapping? Be aware that some schools or tracks do not allow 4-point harness. They are considered more dangerous because of the potential of being strangled in an accident due to your body's potential to submarine under the lap belt.

I have enough drama for now.....

Are you planning on taking your car to the track for HPDE or lapping? Be aware that some schools or tracks do not allow 4-point harness. They are considered more dangerous because of the potential of being strangled in an accident due to your body's potential to submarine under the lap belt.

If they do allow the belts, both passenger & driver have to have the same restraint system.

If they do allow the belts, both passenger & driver have to have the same restraint system.

So 2 submarines are better than 1? Where is TommyH when we need him? :D

I have enough drama for now.....

Submarine only happens under extreme conditions (and there's an add-on that fixes that). There's the rollover issue (the belts dont let you slide to the side to get your head out of the way of the roof), the spin into a wall (where your head is not restrained and your body can be lifted upwards due to the slack in the system), etc.

If you're using this for lapping days, dont get over-confident. Being firmly attached to the seat doesnt teach you the correct "Oh Sh!t" response when you have exceeded your limits. When you can get popped out of the seat from too much G's, then you know it's time to find a cage, racing seat, hans device & proper harness.

That said, I'd likely be on life support without this harness (different car, horrible spin into the wall). However, I still didnt add it to the wagon, preferring to go the full cage route with a different car. Not trying to be a downer, but safety gear, well, is about letting you walk away instead of being hauled away.

Congrats man, I've been trying to get a wingless trunk since I got my car 5 years ago. Also looking to get a 2.5i hood to go with it.

I considered searching while I had a front mount but I'm just glad I could source down the trunk without putting holes in my own lol

I had mine up on ramps all day yesterday. Installed a silver Hella horn kit, my TRS retrofitted HID headlights that I painted the housings in SEM charcoal metallic with a satin black shroud. Killed the DRL and installed 3000K LED fogs (yellow). Put my summer CF front lip on after the bumper was back on. Also put on the Prodrive radiator and coolant cap emblems and polished the headlight lenses.

Still need to aim the projectors but they are close and I'll tackle that before driving at night. Pretty sweet running bi-xenons + halogen high beams simultaneously - the flood of light will be good for driving back roads at night :D

Those supertones look badass! That's the one [inexpensive] mod I always keep forgetting about, and procrastinating haha. Looks awesome!

Are you planning on taking your car to the track for HPDE or lapping?

Thank you, I appreciate it! She's more of a pavement princess right now, that I'd love to show, more than track. Down the road a bit, I actually plan on buying some sort of track car to build and mob the s*** out of hahaha. But once we sell the fiancee's car, I plan on getting her a Forester XT! :cool:

I considered searching while I had a front mount but I'm just glad I could source down the trunk without putting holes in my own lol

I'm dying to find an N/A hood when I go stage 3 hopefully this summer... :rolleyes:

That sounds like something internal in the clutch, like the disc is binding on the input shaft possibly.

Good theory. I adjusted the clutch over the weekend and it disengages fully again, and I can shift easily. But the pedal throw is awkwardly long.

It's an Exedy Twin, and if I let the clutch out just a little bit I can hear the second flywheel rattling freely, even as the car pulls forward on level ground. So the clutch is mostly disengaged, but something is still dragging. One friction disc stuck to the input shaft would explain everything.

thinking about painting the stock rims a royal purple color, till i get my cosmic blue grids, not sure sure how itll look on BSM but i can always repaint if i dont like it:cool:

Send me a shot of your car from the side and the color you want and i can Photoshop it close ish to the color so you can see roughly what it will look like :)

nkubitz@gmail.com

thinking about painting the stock rims a royal purple color, till i get my cosmic blue grids, not sure sure how itll look on BSM but i can always repaint if i dont like it:cool:

Send me a shot of your car from the side and the color you want and i can Photoshop it close ish to the color so you can see roughly what it will look like :)

nkubitz@gmail.com

A glimpse at some purple, if your interested :spin:

http://i.imgur.com/RnUcBqX.jpg

A glimpse at some purple, if your interested :spin:

http://i.imgur.com/RnUcBqX.jpg

Lol gold , maybee some cool blend or green or blue. Leaning more towards the same gold as on the BBSs

Lol gold , maybee some cool blend or green or blue. Leaning more towards the same gold as on the BBSs

That was me that emailed you btw. That's my car in the pic lol

Archived