LegacyGT.com

Options to get a good Subaru Rumble :)

Alright alright fair enough :) never dealt with a factory turbo or a subaruuuuu, I get it ..all good . I reacted the same way to noobs on the Integra forums.

Anyway to my defense I did search .. ;) but it's all good

hearing in person is your best bet. only problem is finding the exhaust you want

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look up the hogzaust thatll run ya a whole $3. I have a gms catback that i paid 350 for thats much louder and better sounding than hogzaust. Catback system is whatll get you a nice rumble.

Have same exhaust. Sounds awesome!

In all honesty I like the quietness of the car. I'd save all that time/money and get a tune and/or AP. Give yourself some more power and stay stealthy.

Loud cars bother me, both from passing them on the freeway and having to drive one. My track car, a largely stock s2000, has a 89-92db level cabin noise at 75mph. I get into the subi (winter beater car) and its so quiet, yet fun in a straight line.

Friend of mine has an exhaust on his recently purchased STI, and while it sounds nice, it's not nice in the cabin or for a daily driver. Sounds like an huey when started up cold.

It's my opinion noise should be made from power, not noise for the sake of noise. You should have more fun with more power too :)

^^ You're being entirely too logical! It's all about teh rumbel mang!!

;)

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I have a 2005 GT Wagon....I'll be honest I'm not looking for insane HP gain (at least not yet) ...it's my daily driver but I still have plans for it.

I've honestly never been a fan of the quiet sound from the car. I love everything about it aside from that. Took the silencer off but did literally nothing (It's an automatic so maybe that's why).

Anyway...what are some basic options to give the car a little more beefy sound? Some have said OBX exhaust for like $400, others have said just an UP, others DP, and one even said just an intake...lol

You know what I'm talking about I am just looking for a little of that Subaru rumble. What is my best (and least inexpensive) route in your opinion? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Coming late to the show, Just remove the mufflers and start the car.

My 09 Spec B has stock DP and exhaust less mufflers, it's been like that for 2 years. Sounds awesome.

I had muffler deletes made at a local shop.

It really is that simple.

I'm sure someone has told you, you should get a catless up pipe. If you drive the car hard, that may be a good idea. On the other hand, I have a ski buddy with a 05 Outback XT who doesn't drive it that hard, he has 110,000 miles and is all stock. I'm not worried about his up pipe.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

In all honesty I like the quietness of the car. I'd save all that time/money and get a tune and/or AP. Give yourself some more power and stay stealthy.

It's my opinion noise should be made from power, not noise for the sake of noise. You should have more fun with more power too :)

I mean it is a wagon...so stealthy would be fun lol. And yes I'm looking into more power now :)

My wagon has a catless dp with stock exhaust from there back with one washer between the Y pipe and stock muffler flanges. It's louder then my Spec B but sounds great too.

The only thing I don't like about it at full boost the exhaust note changes to a big rush of air.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Those big ass packed stock mufflers is what is holding you back. No one can convince me that a stock exhaust will ever sound good...."modded" or not.

Especially if you want it to be loud. I am biased....I LOVE my loud exhaust.

They deleted the post. Some clown wanted an Infiniti sound on his Subaru... :lol:

(I'm not crazy, it was a relatively inside joke)

lol you are not alone. the racist guy who got mad at everybody for giving him legit ways to sound like an infiniti

Archived