LegacyGT.com

Just wrecked my 05 LGT LTD

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Far from totaled, it drives so suspension and drive train are intact. The more I look at it, I would say its actually not THAT bad.

Has no impact on whether it's totaled or not--if cost of repairs is more than 80% of the value of the car, that's all she wrote.

Doesn't really matter though if there's no coverage on the vehicle.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

How the f*** did you get both sides? Rough estimate I'd say between 2k-4k with 2 new doors and a fender. The rear panels will probably need to be banged out. Any way you cut it, it is FAR from totaled, an 05 with 100k is around 9k bluebook. It would not cost more than 5k to get that done, which is way under the 80 percent!

ooops, forgot theres no insurance claim on it

I meant that I thought it would be a write off because it would be to much for insurance to return it to normal.

You could definatly do a cheap repair job and rock it Mad Max style?

Far from totaled, it drives so suspension and drive train are intact. The more I look at it, I would say its actually not THAT bad.

Same here. I was freakin out but now I think it could've been a lot worse

Lets think about it realistically!

-passenger front door

-passenger front fender

-rear bumber

-driver side rear door

-rear quarter panels/body

I already have a passenger front door same color too

Ive had worse accidents in my maxima and it was never totaled. What you have there is a scratch as far as i'm concerned. If you can get the parts yourself and just pay for labor for installation and paint, you could get away paying under 3k.

car-part.com start looking for some replacement pieces, bring it to a couple body shops. Like good body shops. A grade A shop could reuse all the damage parts, bang em out, then roll them out, sand it and repaint it vs buying junkyard parts vs buying new parts. I would start with bringing it to a couple realllllly good body shops. This is one of those times where you might have to pay more money for labor hrs but it will be worth it.

-passenger front door - might be reusable

-passenger front fender - might be reusable

-rear bumber - reusable

-driver side rear door - reusable

-rear quarter panels/body - reusable

-trunk lid

-passenger tail light

Thanks man. I'll start doing that.

You will be at fault for the damage to the cars you hit. If someone got hit multiple times by multiple cars, the damages will be divided up among the insurance companies of each car involved. Any way you spin it, your adjuster is going to hate you. Not anything you need to worry about once you give your version of what happened.

As far as your car, get the alignment fixed and drive the b****. You're not going to worry about dings and scratches anymore.

ooops, forgot theres no insurance claim on it

I meant that I thought it would be a write off because it would be to much for insurance to return it to normal.

You could definatly do a cheap repair job and rock it Mad Max style?

Hell yeah. Gotta find a nice shop thou

I'm gonna have to go with totalled IMO with that many panels damaged. Even if reuseable more than 1/2 the car being repainted and the hours to fix it will go above and beyond the car value.

Just throw the blame on the other drives. Never admit fault. Make them pay.

To the people claiming "Totaled"....please keep in mind, there is no insurance company that is going to pay to fix his Legacy because he didn't have full coverage. So, "totaled" does not apply whatsoever! Unless his wife tells him, it's totaled and that he cannot to fix it! lol

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/22/8u3ytype.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/22/ynybe6u4.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/22/7a7e5a7y.jpg

I think that is more work than it looks like. I'd start gathering quotes and see if you can find used parts if you're doing it out of pocket.

Unless someone else hit you first and pushed your vehicle into the others, I believe it's your fault. In this type of cluster-F crash it's probably everyone's fault.

yeah, I guess you should've kept your distance, which is hard to do with snow. Still it sucks and you're screwed in this situation.

I'd say the trunk and rear quarters can get banged out and straightened and you already have a passenger front door and you can pop out the bumper, so start looking for

rear driver door

front passenger fender

rear passenger tail light.

roughly like 800 for parts , maybe 2000 or less for labor and paint. If you do it right you can make it a lot less painful on your piggy bank.

damn...that's a lot of panels...

This.

Honestly I think that's going to cost a lot of money to fix (properly). First I would get the frame checked and make sure everything is mechanically sound. If it were my car i'd probably try to find used parts or get the cheapest aftermarket parts possible, and have them painted off the car or something and install them myself to save money. Obviously the colors might be off a little but I wouldn't be too worried about that in your shoes, I'd get things fixed up as cheap as possible and just drive the car into the ground. I don't know a whole lot about body work/repairs, so I don't know if you can try and fix the existing panels or what. Just throwin out my .02.

That won't be too bad to at least bring back to decent. Front is easy-RF fender and PS front door. The rear is not as easy but not too bad. Bumper cover for the rear, DS rear door and just remember as a friend of mine that that owns a very good body shop in Indianapolis said AND showed me, You have to look at the direction of the crash and push/pull it back in exactly the same direction.

Had a 1985 Mazda 626 LX coupe that the LR quarter got smashed in by a semi while sitting in traffic in Chicago. It forced the wheel well lip forward and in and buckled the fender line above the wheel. I used a porta-power and pushed it backwards exactly in the same direction (laid down rear seats and braced against the two door posts and took some inventive ways to push) and pushed about 95% of right back out. A little more bump work, a surprisingly small amount of bondo and sanding and painted it up and it was not perfect but damn acceptable for a car with 145K on it. I sold it about a year later and didn't lose any money on it.

Don't just give up on it. Start searching the part out threads and find the parts and experiment with the repair. You'll learn some stuff you didn't know. As soon as you replace the doors and front fender, you'll begin to feel a lot better about it and then you'll really get into bringing it back.

You might even get lucky enough to find parts that match the color. I found both PS doors and front fender for my 1997 Outback (got whumped in a hard snowstorm lightly but enough to push in both doors and fender) in EXACTLY the right color and just bolted them on and you could never tell it ever got hit.

Good luck.

Archived