LegacyGT.com

New Grimmspeed Up Pipe... any thoughts?

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just throwing this out there... so i didnt recieve any gaskets in my kit so i called GrimmSpeed, and spoke to Matt. This is one of the very few companies out there that still actually believe in true customer service. Not to mention Matt was extremely knowledgable and helpful. What a great company to deal with. I highly recommend them.

845013148_photo(9).JPG.beab8134914ade14d8201ab9e0b35fac.JPG

Yes, are not included.

Well... according to GS Rep, Matt... up until a month ago they weren't, now all of their pipes just went up $30 and the gaskets are now included... FYI.

... So i opened yet another thread, with another wacky idea... and yet non of u have anything to say on it??? Laff, Sig4, NRW, LALGT, Scasey, TheFulton... etc. WTF? Cheapie Coilovers By CX-Racing yay or nay... i cant believe none of you have looked at it. Youre all slipping, 100%

Haven't installed it or my CNT Crosspipe yet. I'm in the process of wrapping everything with Thermo-Tec. I'm also porting and polishing the stock exhaust manifolds, then painting them with high temp, and wrapping them as well (good advice given to me from Matt at GrimmSpeed HQ, as opposed to getting equal length headers for $1000).

Right now im really wishing that i used my common sense and spent an extra $40 for a pair of new balljoints; considering that i just had my front end all apart for the WhiteLine upgrade... GD IT!!!!:mad::nono:

• Moderators
Where did you find ball joints for 40 a prior? Lowest I've seen is 33 a piece. Lmk, doing lower control arm bushings and wouldn't mind replacing the ball joints (OEM only though.)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have some OEM units in good shape. Let me know if you're interested.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Advanced Auto Parts carries$18.65 ball joints with a life time warranty. If I were to choose quality I'd go with the Moogs. Moog makes excellent parts and continues on with a killer warranty, but a lifetime warranty is a life time warranty! If you want Wrap go Ebay. U can get 100ft roll w/ stainless steel ties for $40 shipped. Anymore questions just post, no need to pm anyone. ;). If you're replacing your turbo u should also consider grabbing a turbo blanket for the hot side. You can get a nice one of those for cheap on the Bay as well. There's even a kit that comes with a roll of heat wrap and a blanket:)

Happy shopping.

where can you get the wrap from? prolly a good idea so i might have to consider, turbo is ordered so this weekend should be exciting, new up and turbo finally coming together.

Something to keep in mind with the wrap since you live in a place that salts the roads... You're trading insulation for sucking up and holding salt solution against your car. Be aware of your choice.

Something to keep in mind with the wrap since you live in a place that salts the roads... You're trading insulation for sucking up and holding salt solution against your car. Be aware of your choice.

Which is why im high temp painting everything i wrap thats not stainless steel before and after its wrapped.

What your saying is that the "stainless steel" will rust underneath the wrap?:eek:

no matter how much i wrapped and sprayed my headers on my 97gt, they come off every winter. Then the rust on the header is horrific after the wrap falls off.

Are you using your factory iron manifolds?:confused:

• Moderators
Which is why im high temp painting everything i wrap thats not stainless steel before and after its wrapped.

What your saying is that the "stainless steel" will rust underneath the wrap?:eek:

"Stainless steel" is not "stainless". It's stain "less"...meaning less than normal steel but more than nothing.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

"Stainless steel" is not "stainless". It's stain "less"...meaning less than normal steel but more than nothing.

That is about the best "simple" answer ive seen on this forum yet:lol:

Archived