LegacyGT.com

New Grimmspeed Up Pipe... any thoughts?

• Moderators
That is about the best "simple" answer ive seen on this forum yet:lol:

Not sure exactly what you mean by that, but what I said is the truth--especially with regard to the specific type of SS used for most auto parts.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive painted it with high temperature paint, wrapped it, sprayed that with silicone spray. They are not stock headers, I have UEL headers on my 1997 legacy gt(to lose hp and make some rumble haha.)

But then again, I do have cheap borla replicas on it.

Thats why whenever I look at exhaust parts for my 06 legacy gt I make sure Im either getting a ceramic coated, or something that comes with a heat shield(STI up pipe.)

Ive painted it with high temperature paint, wrapped it, sprayed that with silicone spray. They are not stock headers, I have UEL headers on my 1997 legacy gt(to lose hp and make some rumble haha.)

But then again, I do have cheap borla replicas on it.

Thats why whenever I look at exhaust parts for my 06 legacy gt I make sure Im either getting a ceramic coated, or something that comes with a heat shield(STI up pipe.)

Sounds like you're on the right track as far as wrap goes, I don't know about the aftermarket headers or replica's though.

I don't think you want to join one of my threads, they tend to go sideways quickly:lol:

shit is funny though lol, ill give you that. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

when i need a good laugh, i read this forum especially.

feel like peoples EGOS are bigger than there motors....weird :cool:

Where did the coilover thread go? Was Wasp flaming too much or something? :(

Sorry son, the dog was rabid... had to put her down!

http://www.theoriginof.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/The-Mask-5.png

Has anyone cared to check out the newly redesigned coilover thread in the Suspension/Breaking forum section? It's open for discussion i'm sure some of you have some useful input... it's not just for me... but everyone. Could be worthwhile... could be fun?

Alright... so we finally finished installing the GS Up pipe, CNT Cross pipe, and Ball joints (well at least one BJ:rolleyes:). We painted the Cross Pipe, Up Pipe, and my CNT DP w/ high temp paint. After We decided to Wrap them in white Thermo Tec (actually $10 cheaper than the black!), then sprayed them with black HT Silicone spray. Just an FYI, I love my CNT DP, I think it was definitely the best bang for my buck, but the CNT Cross pipe is "shit". It's skinny and the flange that bolts to the passengers side exhaust manifold was welded at a slight angle so there was a gap towards the front of the car... so we had to fill the void with red HT Gasket Maker RTV. We also sand blasted both of the stock exhaust manifolds grinded the tabs (for the disintegrated heat shields) off, then sprayed them w/ HT Paint; we wrapped them and soaked them with the Silicone Spray as well.

... and as you know :needpics:so hang on;)

The turbo-side exhaust manifold (the larger of the 2). Had my buddy cuff the inside of the ports to line up w/the Cross pipe a little better. I thought we were going to port and polish them, but didn't get to this time around. I'm just going to send them to the machine shop when I drop the motor later this spring.

229555854_photo(13).JPG.7078f0905e12dfca0423d399ae05a025.JPG

driving around with Scaseys...sorry to hear

I know, Laff, you hate SCASEY's but you like me??? I'll never understand it:confused:

...but you two have the same name you could be twins, right?:lol:

• I Donated
but the CNT Cross pipe is "shit". It's skinny and the flange that bolts to the passengers side exhaust manifold was welded at a slight angle so there was a gap towards the front of the car... so we had to fill the void with red HT Gasket Maker RTV.

I predict this won't last. The manifolds, crosspipe, and uppipe are highly pressurized under boost. I bet it will blow out. Save your old crosspipe.

Archived