LegacyGT.com

New Grimmspeed Up Pipe... any thoughts?

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated
what the hell is wrong with you? you dull fecally and rectally obsessed excuse for an insurance salesman. When I joined this forum you were a decent human being who had interesting things to say and share about these cars but someone has dropped you on your head this winter.

Thanks given for saying what everyone was thinking but nobody had said yet. :lol:

what the hell is wrong with you? you dull fecally and rectally obsessed excuse for an insurance salesman. When I joined this forum you were a decent human being who had interesting things to say and share about these cars but someone has dropped you on your head this winter.

WTF? LMAO!!! :lol:

That's just damned eloquent.

All I know is that I'm grateful for being a part if this forum... Even a small part. I can have the shittiest day ever; ie: work sucks, car breaks, sick, etc. whatever. I pull up the forum, shoot the shit, feel better. It's great. Anyhow, @ LosAngelesLGT, staying stock is never an option. For me, that could never end in happiness. As far as exhaust goes... How could allowing my car to breath ever be a bad thing? I'm not interested in headers so I chose a cross pipe instead. I'm upgrading my turbo to a 20G and my fuel system to accommodate. I was told that If u go with the upgraded exhaust manifolds you lose the signature Subaru rumble... Is that true?

• I Donated
As far as exhaust goes... How could allowing my car to breath, ever be a bad thing. I'm not interested in headers so I chose a cross pipe instead.

Would be fine, if the crosspipe actually caused any gains. As it is you're just losing heat shielding and potentially melting your undertray. Which, BTW, you need to keep unless you go FMIC.

I was told that If u go with the upgraded exhaust manifolds you lose the signature Subaru rumble... Is that true?

Sorta kinda. Unequal-length (UEL) headers (what the car has now) will keep the boxer rumble fully intact, but won't provide much of a power boost. Also, the cheap ones are prone to cracking. Equal-length (EL) headers will get rid of some of the boxer rumble, but your car still won't exactly sound like a Honda. But they are the only headers to make an appreciable power boost, although not the most cost-effective one.

I was thinking the same thing (heat wise) when I spent 10 hours on Sunday replacing all my faulty bushings with the WhiteLine kit. The two small heat shields on the right and left iron joint pieces came off in pieces. I do however have a shit load of Thermo Cool heat wrap. I was planning on wrapping the Up Pipe, Iron joints, cross pipe, and DP. Then I'll coat it with high temp bonding spray. Pretty sure that'll save the splash shield and keep the temp down. Thoughts?

It's your money, but I would recommend buying from one of our site supporting vendors. Most will accept PayPal too

that looks legit

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

The one I got is legit 100%. SCaseys is right, though. UnderDog carries a lot of GrimmSpeed products and he seems like a pretty stand up vendor. I should have purchased mine from him as well, I'm just an EBay junkie... But look at the hell I just went through purchasing the wrong one first! Buy from one of these vendors and get the right part the first time!

Archived