LegacyGT.com

New Grimmspeed Up Pipe... any thoughts?

I predict this won't last. The manifolds, crosspipe, and uppipe are highly pressurized under boost. I bet it will blow out. Save your old crosspipe.

Dually noted, bro, it's on the top shelf with my stock up pipe. i really don't think it'll fail, well after i tinker with it any way. I'm going to get a nice thick gasket and seal it again with the red gasket maker. The whole idea behind this CNT CP is that i don't want to have to go EL headers (because the ones that "I" can afford blow BMX c*ck.) because they crack under high heat, and boost. I got the idea from Matt @ GrimmSpeed HQ to P&P my factory manifolds, and run a CP. I chose CNT because i love my DP. If it does fail i'll just grab the GS version. We'll see what happens.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We decided to Wrap them in white Thermo Tec (actually $10 cheaper than the black!), then sprayed them with black HT Silicone spray.

If you want to wrap the entire DP you should have gotten a catless. You can't wrap the cat like that.

so we had to fill the void with red HT Gasket Maker RTV.

:munch:

My oil pan looks like a leper, I've got to replace that sometime soon... who makes a nice shiny upgrade?

KillerB, Moroso, etc.

If you want to wrap the entire DP you should have gotten a catless. You can't wrap the cat like that.

:munch:

KillerB, Moroso, etc.

You have the same CNT DP as I do right? Or is yours catless? Anyway, why can't I wrap it like I did?

Exactly, he posted earlier in one of my threads that he :wub: his CNT DP and if anyone else said anything different it was just sad:lol: CNT makes a great product, I just didn't like the CP I got, but then again I got it on EBay.

You have the same CNT DP as I do right? Or is yours catless? Anyway, why can't I wrap it like I did?

:redface: The #1 reason for catalytic converter plugging is overheating. Catalytic plugging can lead to excessive backpressure and intake vacuum. Means no powa, stumbling, etc. You blanket heat wrapped your cat leaving it no means to shed heat. Look though my build thread. My cat is at least 50% unwrapped. We opted to wrap it some because it is in engine bay. Hopefully it does not cause issues. Hasn't yet.

LALGT? CNT DP? Or CNT anything, for that matter? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm that much of an elitist?:confused:

He actually does run a CNT downpipe still

Technically its an ERZ DP. ERZ was the name CNT went under when they were making original runs with high quality control. My ERZ is as nice as a Cobb or Invidia. Either way, if fitment is dead on, CNT is a win for the price.

:rolleyes:

My ERZ is as nice as a Cobb or Invidia. Either way, if fitment is dead on, CNT is a win for the price.

Thats why M Sprank opted for an ERZ instead of a Invidia or Cobb (in fact IIRC, he SOLD his cobb to run an ERZ for less money)

Hey Max, how is passenger side CV boots standing against heat?

Just replaced the axle.;)

:redface: The #1 reason for catalytic converter plugging is overheating. Catalytic plugging can lead to excessive backpressure and intake vacuum. Means no powa, stumbling, etc. You blanket heat wrapped your cat leaving it no means to shed heat. Look though my build thread. My cat is at least 50% unwrapped. We opted to wrap it some because it is in engine bay. Hopefully it does not cause issues. Hasn't yet.

:eek:Okay... yeah, well i'm going to fix that little mistake this weekend when I toss the passenger wheel bearing in; before it becomes a BIG mistake. Thanks man.

:eek:Okay... yeah, well i'm going to fix that little mistake this weekend when I toss the passenger wheel bearing in; before it becomes a BIG mistake. Thanks man.

Step1 Order 2 more metal zip ties. Step 2 enjoy beer. Step 3 zip tie at bottom of bellmouth and at bottom of cat. Step 4 enjoy another beer. Step 5 cut away wrap on DP covering cat. Step 6 order a meat lovers pizza and enjoy another beer.

• 1 year later...

Archived