Bought a Miata

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fark! Would be nice to do another Track day with local subarus and have you there with your Miata!

June/July???

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Big changes coming to this thread tomorrow :spin:

It is tomorrow....

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/31/b86c253d5345a7d9e6cd5401960b34a9.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/31/bca468f40054d3874b89432c61d5da0c.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/31/e6f6dad859ac21fb571583dd60b26721.jpg

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

It's an 01 with 122k got it for $4k I'll be transferring the suspension and a few other things from the blue 90 and then selling the 90. After several months of contemplation I came to the conclusion a newer Miata would fit my needs better. This popped up on Craigslist Thursday night, went and looked at it last night and bought it today.

2003 Baja 5MT

I drove a 90k mile '04 NB the other day, they are definitely nicer cars than NAs. I've considered trading up, but I don't drive the NA every day, and I really enjoy it's spartan nature when I do drive it. When I want a more refined ride, I steal the wife's NC.

Ideal Miata mix, IMHO:

Turbo/supercharged NA track toy

LFX V6 swapped NB

LS3 swapped NC

:D

Progress made in the last couple of days... Replaced the spark plugs, old ones were worn as shit. Tonight I replaced the air filter and some burnt out bulbs. One of the bulbs in the cluster was out I removed it and tried to pull off the color changing rubber and it was stuck to the bulb. Fortunately I had exactly the amount of bulbs needed to replace the them all in the cluster. Now instead of red illumination I have regular incandescent light giving me a warm white light. I like it much better and I can now read my fuel gauge lol. I also discovered the front bumper marker lights are the same as on the NA Miata. Since my blue Miata had them nightshade black I transferred them over to the black Miata and it looks awesome!

Still to come the wheels, suspension and I need to find a replacement 01-05 passenger side headlight. I'd consider the eBay aftermarket ones if only they weren't ugly as sin!

2003 Baja 5MT

LOL...40K...no friggin' way.

There is something good said about a V8 Miata, but the sound of the 1.6 hih revving is just music to my ears. This morning I redlined mine on my way to work a few times and the sound was just so sweet! It's all mechanincal, and buttery smooth. I've put almost 30K in 2 years and it has been a great car.
---