LegacyGT.com

what oil do you use and how often do you change it?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oil magnets "work" but are completely reduntant cause they catch stuff your filter would catch anyway.

This is true.

However, I have a magnetic oil drain plug so the magnet placed on the oil filter would double the effect of the filtering & extraction process.

Anything to make this oil last.

I drive a LOT on the highway (much more than the streets) so I want my oil lasting as long as possible.

Mobil1 full synthetic oil and mobil1 filter (change it a @ 4000 in summer, I live In the desert filter 2- 3 months of 100 or above degrees...I am however thinking about going with the t6 oil a lot of people here and s-li swear by that oil..what is the typical price on the rotella t6? If it is as pricey as lucas or royal purple I probably won't change it.

• I Donated
Mobil1 full synthetic oil and mobil1 filter (change it a @ 4000 in summer, I live In the desert filter 2- 3 months of 100 or above degrees...I am however thinking about going with the t6 oil a lot of people here and s-li swear by that oil..what is the typical price on the rotella t6? If it is as pricey as lucas or royal purple I probably won't change it.

Doesn't really matter just get away from that Mobil 1. It's death for these motors

Huh... wonder why, I thought that stuff was really good oil, from reviews anyway...haven't really seen a review from Subaru owners on it...

I thought in back of my mind when I started using it that it seemed thin but never heard anything bad about it. I ran it in my car for two years before I swapped the motor.

I don't know what oil was run in the used motor that I got, it was relatively low mileage for a 98 ej22 @87k, I thought it would be good to put a full synthetic in it since I checked the cylinder bores, heads and resealed it, should I not do that and just stick with a conventional oil?

Oh so it IS thin under pressure, I knew I should have stayed with my gut on the type of oil to use. Don't mean to be analytical but since gravity doesn't help these motors as much as an inline four or a v-type platform a heavier oil performs better in the boxer layout.

I thought it was crazy to use a diesel type oil especially for a cold start. That makes me want to use the t6 and a k+n filter since they have that anti-flowback design..

Doesn't really matter just get away from that Mobil 1. It's death for these motors

really so i have been using mobil 1 for the last 30k miles...should i expext to find my main bearings to be fusing to my crank next time i start it up? :lol:

Archived