LegacyGT.com

what oil do you use and how often do you change it?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For a turbo engine i would run the rotella. i use it in my bike. i do agree that it is a more heavy duty oil than mobil 1 0w40 and a great choice for euro cars and turbos. But any 5w30 will work fine in our n/a 4 bangers. a 40 weight is really not needed unless your burring oil excessively. even then i would prob try a 5w30 high mileage before that. All i want to say is that mobil 1 wont just make our engines explode into a million pieces and a 5w40 hedo is overkill for our engines and you wont see any benefits and waste gas.

the problem with most 5w30 oils is they don't stay in grade in our engines. so with the 5w40 you have the assurance that even if it doesn't stay in grade, it will degrade to 30 and still be good. but rotella t6 has been proven by oil analysis to stay in grade foe about 8,000 miles anyway.

any cheap non synthetic 5w30 will be fine in our cars for 5k miles aslong as your not in severely cold weather or your car isnt running well at all. Even if your oil shears 5w20 and 0w20s are now the norms. if you can

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2530810

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2533247

at the end of the day put what ever oil you want to

I had always used Mobil 1 5w30 synthetic for the longest time. But a few months before trading her in I switched to T6 synthetic. I changed it at 5k or a little bit over 5k miles.

Now I use Mobil 1 0w40 synthetic in the Mini and change it every 5/5500 miles.

I am going to start pouring in gear oil. A crankcase full of 85w-140... Try and knock with that, whore.

Lol..I was thinking about putting rapid tap or another kind of cutting fluid from a machine shop...doesn't burn and it smells pretty good...

Archived