LegacyGT.com

Words cannot describe the awesome - Volume-2 (CLOSED)

SBT

Considering the performance for contemporary cars it's acceptable, but the choice of engine could have been better.

However I suspect that it was a compromise and that weight and cost was important. Look at what you could get back in the mid 70's. Not many had a full aluminum engine of that size. But the engine is a french construction from the 70's, which makes reliability an issue. Cylinder sleeves that sinks, camshafts that wears out etc.

453747.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.gp.se/image_processor/1.1191654.1357225185!/image/4191442502.jpg_gen/derivatives/wide/4191442502.jpg

Mercedes Cab used by Gestapo during WWII in Denmark.

It's for sale if anyone is interested.

453747.png

What lovely noise! That's the way F1 cars should sound. The ridiculous revs they use today (18k) make them sound awful. OTOH, the that Judd V10 in the BMW is postively melodious!!!

This comment reminds me of Harley guys. I know you're not one of those, so what's the deal yo? :)

Winning the internet

This comment reminds me of Harley guys. I know you're not one of those, so what's the deal yo? :)

10,000 to 12,000 rpm seems to bring the best noise out of a race motor, be it a 8, 10, or 12 cylinder. Current F1 cars just sound like screaching to me with their 18k rev limit. On the other hand, I dislike the sound of low NASCAR's motors and the sound of Harleys.

I also dislike the sound of a flat 4, btw, but I tolerate it becz I like the rest of my LGT.

10,000 to 12,000 rpm seems to bring the best noise out of a race motor, be it a 8, 10, or 12 cylinder. Current F1 cars just sound like screaching to me with their 18k rev limit. On the other hand, I dislike the sound of low NASCAR's motors and the sound of Harleys.

I also dislike the sound of a flat 4, btw, but I tolerate it becz I like the rest of my LGT.

communist...

Theres an alfa romeo race car that floats out to 13-14k and is one of my all time favorite sounding race cars.

Unfortunately I cant find a video.. I believe it was a 155 touring car, but cant remember.

Archived