LegacyGT.com

Who has the most miles on their LGT, and how are they holding up? - Vol-2

I would do shocks and top mounts first, then bushings.

THe top mounts have a bearing that spins as you turn the car. I guess it kind of acts as a upper ball joint.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

approaching 220k. everything still running strong....except my suspension. I'm still on stock suspension. it's been fine going over speed bumps, no weird noises, no bouncy bouncy. however when you go over fast, it is of course a little harsh.

Am I correct or am I missing something?

I'm no mechanic, but if you had the lca's done two years ago, and you're in fact still running OEM struts and endlinks, that's where I'd start.

I've done struts and endlinks myself, and neither are too expensive for stock replacements on Rock Auto. I'll have to go to a shop for lca bushings.

my one complaint i've had with mine is the harshness it's developed over time when I do city driving. I've known it's been in need of replacement....however sometimes I feel like Kramer in that episode when he tried to see how far he could go on a tank of gas:lol:.

your suspension is for a wagon? i'd consider....however I'm debating purchasing KYB's.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

very possible. My now winter setup at 85k still has oem pads that come from factory....on its last legs though. Maybe they were replaced for exact oem pad but I doubt that. Mine was a highway crusiser also when I bought it and seeing how they hold up, might as well be original.

Have 191,000 miles but around 173,000, I put on KYB struts all around. Kept the OEM swaybars, BUT, went with the KartBoy endlinks front and back, and AVO SB bushings in front and stock in back. Big difference in the handling. Wish AVO made replacements for the rear size.

Soon going to new LCA's and ball joints as they now need replacing.

Have to say though that I got 27.3 MPG on a 135 mile run down to Atlantic City yesterday averaging 75 mph to see The Who. Car still runs great.

Im at 122xxx miles been on ap stg 2 for about 20k now. Still holding up fine. Finally doing some bigger mods. Still trying to figure out what turbo to switch to tho!

06 GT - Totalled 😢... to be continued

07 Spec B - Wife took over 🤔

06 i - getting built motor and 6 speed 😁

Hammer Down, how long were you running the custom map? Were you running a OTS Cobb map before then? I want to go Stage 2 soon, but want to make sure it's reliable. If you ran the OTS shelf a while before pro tune, then I'd feel pretty good about it.

Hammer Down, how long were you running the custom map? Were you running a OTS Cobb map before then? I want to go Stage 2 soon, but want to make sure it's reliable. If you ran the OTS shelf a while before pro tune, then I'd feel pretty good about it.

Ran Cobb stage 1,93 oct. map for 140k. Peak boost 16.2psi.

Custom 1mm, stage 2+ map from Mike at Tuning Alliance for over 40k. Peak boost 18.5psi.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

today I went in for oil change and tire rotation. mechanic put it up on the lift, turned around for something, turned back.....one of my struts blew. oil all over the ground.:lol:

220k. I knew they were going back and needed to be replaced. even started looking at replacements.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• I Donated
Where'd you read that?

Um, all over the place? Supposedly it runs lean on many (not all) cars. Really, the best thing to do if you're going Stage 2 on a budget (and let's be realistic, if you're not on a budget, you'd be going Stage 3+) is to get an e-tune.

I think we've been through this before. You should contact Mike Kinsman through his thread in the Vendor Forum and meet up with him for your Tuning needs. He used to be in W. Springfield but moved the Vernon CT off exit 65 on rt84 a couple years back.

When I have him street tune my cars we go up/down rt84 from exit 65-70 a few times.

http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/tuning-alliance-121.html

Just tell him HAMMERDOWN and I sent you to him.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

2005 BSM Legacy GT wagon 5mt with 145,000 miles all by us since new:

Major stuff considered repairs:

Rear wheel bearings (warranty)

Alternator

Starter

Spark plug coil (recent) - skipping

Clutch throw out bearing

Front Calipers x 2-both seized

Still rocking the OEM turbo which I attribute to my 3-4k OCI with whatever dino. Motor still does not burn a drop of oil between changes.

We skipped the water pump during timing belt replacement so let you guys know how long OEM one is good for.

Edited by __raj

220k. I rarely have to add oil between oil changes. went 3400 miles on this last without having to do so