LegacyGT.com

Who has the most miles on their LGT, and how are they holding up? - Vol-2

92k miles. Stage 2+, Cobb sways. Hawk hps/braided lines since 30k miles. Rear wheel bearing replaced under warranty 85k, O2 sensor around 80k. Religiously follow pm schedule. Oh yeah , I had a headlight bulb burn out a couple years back;)

My wagon turned 171717 on the drive back from VT last night...yea, I know mine doesn't count because there isn't much on the car that I haven't replaced.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

well the shell is original....so there's that!
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I'll say the interior is holding up well. I'm impressed by the lack of exterior rust. The wagon is almost 9 years old, except for some stone chips and places I've broken the paint putting the ski rack on there's on body rust.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

At 225k now. The rate at which my mileage increases will drop dramatically now that I quit my job. I'm going back to school starting this summer and I got a job at a local bar to keep the cash coming. The car might just last until I get it paid off. Lol

I'll say the interior is holding up well. I'm impressed by the lack of exterior rust. The wagon is almost 9 years old, except for some stone chips and places I've broken the paint putting the ski rack on there's on body rust.

agreed. all things considered my mine looks great for as many miles as it has on it.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

you'll get there....just keep driving:lol:

Hit 145 yesterday. Was jiffin' up the wheels and my neighbor asked what year the wagon was. 05 says I. Wow, she says...you really know how to maintain a car....Dr. Colorchip worked pretty well for the hood chips. Only one little rust spot near the roof rail, like Max has...anyone know if the hatch is aluminum, too?

too lazy to go out with a magnet:)

Juuust about to hit 80k miles.

But for scheduled maintenance parts, I've only had a faulty fuel injector replaced, 1 headlight bulb, and rsb bushings.

Nothing else! No bearings, clutch, turbo, radiator, dashboard rattle/gurgle, t-belt.....yet.

No rust.

So happy with this car. 2nd owner now for 5 years.

AccessPORT (edit to add:COBB) Stg.2, COBB heat shield, catted downpipe, STi tower strut bar, front and rear stabilizer bar, and short throw shifter, all put in at 17,500 miles.

Removed the banjo bolt 1 year ago. It was spotless. OCI religiously every 3125 miles with Penzoil 5w30. Adding about Edit:1/8 quart between OC.

Did I say I love this car? :) :) :)

Edited by Lafta

Lafta,

I would change over to Rotella t6 and go to 4000 OCI or a bit longer if you do a lot of highway miles. The t6 may cut down on oil consumption.

Keep an eye on oil usage like you have been.

Have you been doing the tranny and rear diff fluid changes at 30,000 miles ?

I did not do anything to the coolant until I did my t belt at 95,000 miles. I did 95k because winter was coming and I didn't want to hit 105k in January and have to pay to have it done.

I topped off the system with Prestone and Peak.

Drive it and enjoy it.

Thanks for your advice, Max.

I may have over-guesstimated my oil consumption between oil changes. It's more like 1/8 of a quart at the very most.

80% of my driving is on highways, and I next to never drive the car for less than half an hour in duration. I shall consider a slightly longer OCI, and Rotella t6.

Yes, tranny and diff oils have seen changes. So too has my coolant.

Driving and enjoying it.

Edited by Lafta

I had the side plastic panel on the passenger seat do that a bit - that was from me snagging it on something a time or two, though. I've also had the panel on the passenger C-pillar that deploys for an airbag pop off a time or two.

In both instances I put a drop of pookie (permatex black is my general fix-all go to) on the plastic clip, put it back in place and held it a bit or put pressure on it if it needed it. Nothing has come loose since.

I think

a: the force of an airbag would blow off the part even with the bit of glue

b: the odds of me having a catastrophic accident with someone in the rear seat is probably lower than me getting hit by lightning.

c: even if one all the airbags didn't deploy the odds of someone living or dying in the backseat of my car would not change.

:)

-Clif

Please note that the aire bags for the SRS are in the sides of the seats not the c pillar. (I took off the c pillar covers to look at the guts... no aire bags there (mine is an '06)

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

Juuust about to hit 80k miles.

But for scheduled maintenance parts, ...1 headlight bulb, ...

One headlight bulb? !!!

I have replaced mine four times and my LGT has 67,000 miles on it!

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

• 4 weeks later...

127.5k on mine. Bought at 125k miles from Supraru on here. He had one of the nicest swapped 2.5RS coupes over at rs25.com until he sold it, and is a tech at a subaru dealer.

The original owner brought the car in around 124k and it was diagnosed with head gasket failure, so they decided to trade in on a new car. Supraru bought and repaired it. Car is stock and appears to have never been modified. Cylinder walls look great, and he seafoamed the pistons and replaced the piston rings. And according to him "I should probably add that I checked the turbo as well. Exhaust housing was bone dry and there was next to zero shaft play. Felt like a new factory turbo shaft to me and no damage to fins." Valves were lapped/new gaskets.

Unfortunately don't have records from 1st owner, so I don't know if it's the original turbo, but this car was obviously well taken care of.

I changed the oil at 125.9k, and it hasn't burned any yet.

I'll be checking the easier to access banjo bolt at my next oil change, and will be sending an oil sample into Blackstone.

Has a little steering wheel vibration from 60-70 mph, but otherwise feels great.

Edited by stm25rs