LegacyGT.com

BrenTuning LegacyGT.com Dyno Day Part 2

BrenTuning

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this banter about 5th gens I give out is all in jest, partly something pfoyle and I go back and forth about purely for a joke. There's no actual truth in what I say and I think you understand that with the winky face there... but you are saying weigh LESS than a spec b? Since we know these 5th gens are a whopping 47lbs heavier than the LGT and the SpecB has weight saving aluminium parts that the regular LGT's don't - must be the 6 speed gearbox/R180 then I guess? Otherwise if it's a 2006 SpecB I don't think the puke red interior adds that much over it being almost identical to the LGT with the 5spd/R160?

Yeah, I thought you might just be messing around :). I don't know, I thought I had read someplace on this forum that they were the heaviest Legacy due to the beefier trans components. Maybe I mixed it up with the 5eat GTs.

• I Donated Too
Bren! Thank you... first real 'daily drive' on my car today - didn't get to use it on Sunday. Just a fantastic tune. Absolutely perfectly well behaved, smooth and without any fuss. great start, throttle response just right lag almost unnoticeable now. I am very happy with how it has all come together with your tune. Awesome.

What's left? E85? Rebuild? Swap?

Pull the motor. Pistons. Bore and destroke like the maestro himself. :)

So, somebody tell me if I understand the point of this. This makes the engine oversquare? Right? The point being that the shorter distance of piston travel allows for much higher revs. Higher revs = more power. Are Subaru engines oversquare from the factory? Does bore and destroke make it even more so? Do you gain or lose torque as a result of doing this? Somebody set me straight or did I even see this on Saturday?

Watch that low idle though. ;)

generally in the photos section......dujo...interesting question and i too would be interested in that overview. I mean you see boosted honda/acura motors that rev to like 11K on bored out 2.0 blocks with similar setups to the old 2.0 ej's making less power...

• I Donated Too

Gentlemen... (and SilverLegs) - At this time I am done!!! No more mods in the engine bay... I am moving on to the interior for now. Plans are already underway...

also I'll be working on Gremlins for a while. Methanol Flow gauge stopped working tonight - that was a bit scary as it happened of course during a full boost run... but the system shut down and I thought the gauge was well and truly broken but apparently the flow sensor is incredibly sensitive and accurate which makes it easy to upset? Drained the meth from it, blew it clean very very gently and reassembled - easy to do and happy I mounted the flow sensor where I did! System fired back up... but stuff like this will take time to get used to.

Gentlemen... (and SilverLegs) - At this time I am done!!! No more mods in the engine bay... I am moving on to the interior for now. Plans are already underway...

also I'll be working on Gremlins for a while. Methanol Flow gauge stopped working tonight - that was a bit scary as it happened of course during a full boost run... but the system shut down and I thought the gauge was well and truly broken but apparently the flow sensor is incredibly sensitive and accurate which makes it easy to upset? Drained the meth from it, blew it clean very very gently and reassembled - easy to do and happy I mounted the flow sensor where I did! System fired back up... but stuff like this will take time to get used to.

I'm curious about these interior mods...

;)

Archived