LegacyGT.com

BrenTuning LegacyGT.com Dyno Day Part 2

BrenTuning

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I didn't make it home without any problems....go figure. Got halfway home just cruising at about 80 and I looked down and I had a cell with the cruise control light blinking. Ended up being a P0546 "Exhaust gas temperature sensor circuit low input". Tried resetting it and had a hard time getting the car to idle, finally got the car moving again and it ended up showing a second time on the highway I just ignored it and got home without any issues.

I think I might have fried my EGT probe. I shot Bren an email so just waiting to hear back on what he has to say but I doubt it is affiliated with the tune.

Edit: I made 345whp and 375wtq.

• I Donated Too
pffft. You have a cat in the uppipe? No... doesn't matter now anyway. The EGT sensor was there to protect that cat - Bren might be able to send you a map with the code shut off or you can remove the sensor completely and close the hole with a cap and do a resister trick. I do not have one at all on my car anymore, haven't for a while. I can't think where else you have an EGT sensor that the car really gives a hoot about now...? Resetting the car and improperly setting the idle may have been more of the issue with the idle itself when you did that procedure.

pffft. You have a cat in the uppipe? No... doesn't matter now anyway. The EGT sensor was there to protect that cat - Bren might be able to send you a map with the code shut off or you can remove the sensor completely and close the hole with a cap and do a resister trick. I do not have one at all on my car anymore, haven't for a while. I can't think where else you have an EGT sensor that the car really gives a hoot about now...? Resetting the car and improperly setting the idle may have been more of the issue with the idle itself when you did that procedure.

No cat in the up pipe I'm running the STI up pipe. Good call on the idle but I actually checked the idle that I adjusted and Bren zero'd that out when he tuned it. I did see something on Nasioc about putting a cap and resistor in, must be a thread around show how to do that. I would Rather just get bren to send me a map with the code shut off if that is an option. I think that would fix my issue because the car seems "normal", idle is a tad rough but nothing major.

• I Donated Too
How much did you end up putting down?

there was some nonsense mentioned about 400whp and 450wtq if you were to believe such things.

Before's (first and second time tuned with HTA68 and then after Perrin TMIC installed) and this third time on the 20G...

http://www.sigmafour.net/lgt/dyno092912.jpg

http://www.sigmafour.net/lgt/dyno040613.jpg

• I Donated Too

The base tune was really good but once the boost limit was moved and fuel corrected, adjusted for the additional strategy of methanol fuel then the real results possible were obvious.

I think Bren said the base map left the car running around 300whp which speaks volumes about his ability to know exactly what our cars need with different mods. He is setting them up essentially blind and still leaving them with power safely. I am always hugely impressed with his skills and how he translates the way the car has to run on the Dyno to how it will behave on the street. Without a doubt Bren gives us the very best possible tunes and I am totally indebted to him for his utter expertise and care.

And of course I need to thank Alberto/Motive Autoworks who helped me put this build together safely and with much of his wisdom because some of the mods are for safety and not performance as we wrung this poor stock block to the edges of safe limits and can still keep this a daily driver (lord help me if the methanol fails at peak boost!) - although talk of me probably having a more available beater car has been mentioned regularly because they know how I drive these things!

Last but not least the support (and parts!) from my friends Chris and Josh who without their help, guidance and ideas I would not have got the number I was hoping for - many ideas and hours were put in by all to get me here. And Fahr_Side... the source of that massive TMIC and further advice. This community of Legacy owners, even the lost souls who have the 5th gens is truly humbling and special so thank you for all of your support and interest, I've made so many friends.

Have no doubts - this much power is awesome!!!

V8Bait's beast! Glad I didn't get closer when filming this video... might have lost my eyebrows!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLTBrCdkkGw]V8Bait's fire-spitting dragon! - YouTube[/ame]

Archived