LegacyGT.com

JDM B4 tS Front lip and trunk lip spoiler installed, plus 2013 headlight swap!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^thank you, yessir from MD:)

Picked the car up the other day with the fixed coilover. While the car was at Andrewtech, I had the guys install a whiteline 26mm front sway bar and endlinks.

Besides the ride difference from not having a blown coil anymore :lol:, the front sway bar really tightened up the feel up front. The turn-in response is incredible!! In my opinion, it provides almost as much of a night/day difference as the addtion of the rear sway bar did.

http://imageshack.us/a/img809/6218/whitelinefrontswayanden.jpg

I'm told the install wasn't for the faint of heart... the engine did have to be lifted up and out of the way.

I also had them install my JDM tS skirt lip protector - I'll try to get a good pic of that up here too. It makes the front lip look even more aggressive:)

On other fronts:

- stoptech kit is supposed to arrive this coming week. I'm waiting for them to arrive so I can match the color on the rear brembos I have here. Then install, hopefully within a couple of weeks.

-new wheels - they're sticking to their delivery date of "end of January" so we shall see what happens with that

-aero parts: should arrive within 2-3 weeks from Japan. Will need paint, then install

So you have an aftermarket downpipe and the 26mm FSB? Didn't seem like much room at all with the Invidia DP and the stock FSB.

i had my invidia dp cut and rewelded because it was hitting my front sway.

side note, glad you have it all fixed up. what wheels are you getting again?

So you have an aftermarket downpipe and the 26mm FSB? Didn't seem like much room at all with the Invidia DP and the stock FSB.

They didn't say anything about clearance issues with the downpipe, so I'm assuming it wasn't a problem. I haven't heard/felt it hitting either.

This is the TurboXS downpipe btw.

i had my invidia dp cut and rewelded because it was hitting my front sway.

side note, glad you have it all fixed up. what wheels are you getting again?

I'm getting one of the sets from the first shipment of the new 19" Work CR Ultimate. 19x9.5

I'm getting one of the sets from the first shipment of the new 19" Work CR Ultimate. 19x9.5

Kudos to you. I waited wayyyy to long for some 11rs last year and had the vendor give me my $$$$ back luckily with no issues. I going 19x9.5 now but what offset are they gonna be??? I'm debating +38-+44 range I can choose any increment but think +40 would be flush

That sucks... how long did you wait? My current Works were custom sized and arrived about 10 weeks after I ordered them.

I went with +38. I wanted +35, but they don't offer that offset as an option for the 9.5 width and with the face concavity required to clear the big brake kit. Anything in the range you listed should be good though. I prefer a bit more aggressive.

Here's a couple of pics of the prototype wheel that they sent us to test fit. This was the pre-production version that hadn't been approved for sale yet and was used to demo and advertise the new size (hence why they look pretty beat up). Other than that, this is the same size, offset, and color (GT Silver) that I have on the way.

http://imageshack.us/a/img837/9038/newwheelsworkcrultimate.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img819/9038/newwheelsworkcrultimate.jpg

And one crappy shot of the tS front lip with the "tS skirt lip protector" installed.

http://imageshack.us/a/img803/5434/skirtlipprotector.png

Just got an email from Japanparts, my sides and rear aero parts are set to arrive on Friday. I'll be dropping them off at the body shop for paint immediately:) Hopefully I should have that stuff installed by next week!

I prefer more agressive as well so i may even opt to go +35 but i think +38 is more reasonable. I ordered mid april last year in anticipation of having them before mid july for the BigNorthwestMeet but they never made it, i still had my car on display though in seattle for it. So being patient i waited figuring id have them for Subiefest and that never happened so i didnt go to that. So roughly 4ish months i waited and didnt get anything but excuses so they gave me a full refund. Looks like I'm going Forgestar F14s ordering next month just can't decided if to go with a burnt orange color or somewhat flat black/charcoal color.

Looks like you have a little more throw though to get some things after seeing your other subie, which is gorgeous btw

I'll be interested in seeing those side skirts as well :) I've debated on ordering things but unsure to spend a $$$ and not have the ability to send it back.

I feel you on not having the patience for the lack of info the JDM companies seem to be able to provide. The forgestars should look very nice, I'd personally go with the black/charcoal - I get sick of bright colored wheels after a while and generally end up wishing I had done something more neutral!

I've had mixed luck with wheels (i've owned a set of most of the major JDM manufacturers including Rays, Advan and Work). Sometimes they show up in 2 months, sometimes 6 or 9 months... who knows why. The constant in all of that is that noone has any clue what's going on :lol:

I waited 24 months for the front bumper and side skirts on my WRX...if it makes you feel any better :(

And yes, we'll see about the sides and rear fitment. I'm pretty confident that they won't be an issue though. I got the Tommy Kaira rear lip and DAMD side skirt extensions. excited!

reason why the wheel order time varies is because they want to pool up enough orders and produce a single batch of them, hence if you ordered right after they started production, then yeah wait vs. ordering when it's close to meeting the minimum requirement

I wish I could get a random right after lunch....if you know what I mean
No idea... During lunch is even better, ha! (not that I'd know anything about that).

Getting back on topic.... Brainchild - car looks great! Especially the latest set of pics with the tS lip 'protector'. Nice work.

Archived