LegacyGT.com

JDM B4 tS Front lip and trunk lip spoiler installed, plus 2013 headlight swap!

The front lip looks awesome.

You can tell how it was designed for the JDM bumper but at the same time that extra shape/detail really makes the front of the USDM look sharp.

Also love how the trunk lip pulls the trunk out giving it a sharp edge. Really clean keeping the original line of the trunk, unlike the factory lip.

Need to get rid of that grill. :cool:

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The front lip looks awesome.

You can tell how it was designed for the JDM bumper but at the same time that extra shape/detail really makes the front of the USDM look sharp.

Also love how the trunk lip pulls the trunk out giving it a sharp edge. Really clean keeping the original line of the trunk, unlike the factory lip.

Need to get rid of that grill. :cool:

Thanks! I agree about both, the trunk lip to me follows the lines of the car better than the US one. And after looking at the pictures of the new lip that's out, while they look similar the major difference in design seems to be where the "sharp edges" protrude out. On this lip they are pushed further out toward the outside of the car.

I don't really like the grill option that we have (blacktop)...its too open and shows all the supports/hood latch behind. Thinking about what to do with that...might just color match it instead of plastidip.

GOod lord, someones been busy... lol.

Great stuff and I'm loving the lip.

haha thank you!

Wheel sizes? And suspension setup?

This set is 18x9 +38. KW v3 coilovers (and a bunch of other bars and braces).

Looks sweet, I dig the front lip.

cheers!

Very nice!!!!! But I just don't have that kinda monies for that stuff.

:lol: all good, your new lip is sweet too! I could have waited and saved the cash:)

As far as coilovers go, they are among the best I've ever felt for street use. (this is true of every car with v3's I've ever been in).

But it is still a coilover so just be prepared for a very firm ride. Plus side is basically no body roll, good road feel and great handling. if setup properly they shouldn't be bouncy.

Thanks! I agree about both, the trunk lip to me follows the lines of the car better than the US one. And after looking at the pictures of the new lip that's out, while they look similar the major difference in design seems to be where the "sharp edges" protrude out. On this lip they are pushed further out toward the outside of the car.

Sorry..not on LGT much anymore. What is this "new lip" that's similar to your JDM?

Looks nice. Any drilling for the rear trunk spoiler?

Sorry..not on LGT much anymore. What is this "new lip" that's similar to your JDM?

yep, two holes required in the trunk. The lip came with a good paper template though so it wasn't too stressful:)

Some company in CA apparently has produced a bunch of "s204" style front lips and also another style as well. GTeaser posted it up on his car

^was just relaying the name according to what they called it when it was posted up. I would have said it looks more like a v-limited lip from the STi's. The tS that I have on my car doesn't look the same as this new one though, so it may be tS style, but not exactly.

edit: also, the tS lip you posted on the white B4 above is actually different than mine. That one is the 2013 design, mine is the 2010-2012 version. Similar, but little changes to fit the new bumper.

To clarify = the lip you see in the Ts photo posted above is a regular dealer installed option "STI front underspoiler"...

Although an STI part it is only available through "dealers" and can not be ordered from STI themsleves...

As per the Ts this is the spoiler for the "D" type Legacy ( 2012 / 13 model year ) note the more aggressive front bumper...

http://www.sti.jp/parts/catalogue/bmbr_legacy/imgs/SG517AJ020.jpg

And this is for the "A - C" type ( 2009 - 2011 models ) for S package

http://www.sti.jp/parts/catalogue/bmbr_legacy/imgs/SG517AJ000.jpg

non-S package

http://www.sti.jp/parts/catalogue/bmbr_legacy/imgs/SG517AJ010.jpg

Archived