LegacyGT.com

BRZ AWD Option

JVranicar

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
it will get a 1.8L turbo before it gets AWD

Who said it will get a 1.8L? who the hell wants that small of an engine?

I like the BRZ,I've seen a few around town. I think an STI version will be awesome too once it arrives. To the OP if you want an AWD coupe i suggest waiting for the Mazda 6 Coupe to come out in a few years. Mazda might be making an AWD version of the car in all variants and even the Mazdaspeed 6 has been green lit for production in possibly 2015! hopefully the next MZ3 will get AWD. I've also seen the new Focus ST around town not a bad car but FWD only.

Who said it will get a 1.8L? who the hell wants that small of an engine?

I like the BRZ,I've seen a few around town but man,that car is over priced for what it is and only 200HP and 156TQ? I think the STI version will be better once it arrives. To the OP if you want an AWD coupe i suggest waiting for the Mazda 6 Coupe to come out in a few years. Mazda might be making an AWD version of the car in all variants and even the Mazdaspeed 6 has been green lit for production in possibly 2015! hopefully the next MZ3 will get AWD. I've also seen the new Focus ST around town not a bad car but FWD only.

Cool story, bro.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Damn, you guys are brutal. But I appreciate the responses.

I've never even seen one of the BRZ's up close and I'm not a gearhead so this was obviously an ignorant question.

Time to move on to another topic.

Don't worry about it JVranicar. Many of them can dish it out and can't take it. That's the way they roll around here. :) People need thick skin and a nomex suit around here. Just ignore them.

• 2 weeks later...

a little off topic but. . . My cousin bought an FR-S as his DD. I was very hyped about the FR-s/BRZ and was considering it as a possible future investment, until I went and saw his.

Now I do understand the concept of this car, lightweight and great on a track, but I would find it very difficult to spend the money they are asking for it. Its has a fairly spartan interior and you really dont get a whole lot of car for the money, the rear seats a all but completely unusable, my cousins 5'-2" gf's head touches the roof. I mean what really costs so much in this car to make the base 25.5k? Its not like they are using some exotic material to build it. Its a 6spd thats used in half the cars on the planet, including the V6 camaro and CTS, a torsen diff, and a fairly standard 2L motor. It handles well, and people are willing to pay for it.

Now I do understand the concept of this car, lightweight and great on a track, but I would find it very difficult to spend the money they are asking for it. Its has a fairly spartan interior and you really dont get a whole lot of car for the money, the rear seats a all but completely unusable, my cousins 5'-2" gf's head touches the roof. I mean what really costs so much in this car to make the base 25.5k? Its not like they are using some exotic material to build it. Its a 6spd thats used in half the cars on the planet, including the V6 camaro and CTS, a torsen diff, and a fairly standard 2L motor. It handles well, and people are willing to pay for it.

One of the local dealers here had a $3.5k dealer markup for an AUTO. The sticker price was over 30k:eek: I mean, yes, it looks like a great car, but that's putting it into Mustang GT territory..

One of the local dealers here had a $3.5k dealer markup for an AUTO. The sticker price was over 30k:eek: I mean, yes, it looks like a great car, but that's putting it into Mustang GT territory..

I'd probably rather have a BRZ. Then again... I wouldn't buy an auto, and I wouldn't pay $30k for either of those cars.

Tits mcgee

lol

go look at the BRZ

FR-S has the shitty interior

money all went into engineering the drive-ability of the car, not little gizmos

"standard 2l?" right...

If I had 30k, I'd definitely get it and track it, not some POS mustang or genesis

If i had 30k, my ass would be in a low mileage C5Z or C6.

Who isnt making a motor at least similar to the one in this car? What makes it so great? What makes the BRZ cost the same price as a Focus ST. handling and dynamics aside, the focus is a far superior car in terms of interior quality, comfort, usability, and technology. Im sure ford put their time/$ in on the focus since they managed to make a fwd handle like it does. reviews all come back completely positive.

Well that's another issue. I'm not sure what the deal is with that. I looked locally at one dealer and they had 5 of them on the lot. I don't see how the demand could be high enough to warrant price gouging if 5 are sitting there unclaimed. They are easily accessible so it has to be that people are walking in thinking they arn't.

Edit: NVM they have 7 in stock

Archived