LegacyGT.com

BRZ AWD Option

JVranicar

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated
That's true, but it doesn't make them good. They are okay for DD, but definitely not a performance tire.

On Michelin SuperSports BRZ easily picks up .15-.2g in corners.

Didn't say they were a performance tire, said they were a summer tire. I.e. doesn't function in snow/cold

The civic comparison was kinda tongue in cheek. I know the article stated the tires were not a fair match. They also said you really had to compensate for the FWD to get the track time they did. I really want to like the BRZ. I do like the BRZ, I just don't like it enough for the price tag at this point.

The tire decision has been flogged to death. With two different lines scion vs subaru with slightly different handling characteristics it seems they would have had different tires on the more neutral/less "drifter boy" subaru. That would give them a better result in head to heads and lightning laps etc.

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

Yes, "HFP" in the autoguide title. It's what makes it more expensive.

Im thinking they did away with the HFP package for 2013 and just made the suspension standard and summer tires optional. There is no way to "build and price" an HFP. But there is a model with summer tires and you can tack on the body kit and HFP wheels in the accessories section. Just FYI. I still hate Hondas.

I searched the honda site and they limit them to 500 a year, so they may pull the option after those are taken?

edit, ok just searched again and didn't see it under 2013, just 2012 accessory package. enough off topic i guess..

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

http://www.autoguide.com/car-comparisons/2013-subaru-brz-vs-2012-honda-civic-si-hfp-2165.html

Nothing like your weekend track car getting matched by a fwd car costing a few grand less.

That article lost all credibility when I read this...

Round and round we went, and if we hadn’t of been standing in the paddock at a race track...

:spin:

Tits mcgee

Archived