LegacyGT.com

Talk me out of getting a G35

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I picked an LGT over a 2005 G35 coupe 6MT with like every single option at $100 over dealer invoice. The G35 is a nicer luxury car and has some nice power but it jsut isn't there. For some reason the G seemed slow to me and not worth the 8k increase over the LGT. Both handle well but the LGT is AWD and that was the final seller.

Seriously G35's are prob the nicest cars out there right now.. I basically had a pick on any car up to 35k cause thats all i can afford and i took a LGT, and damn is it worth it.. Its more of a year round car.. where the g35 is just awesome in the summer..Youll regret it in the winter even since they have great handlin/suspension.. Out of 10, i would give a lgt a 9 and a g35 a 8.5 :o)

Seriously G35's are prob the nicest cars out there right now.. I basically had a pick on any car up to 35k cause thats all i can afford and i took a LGT, and damn is it worth it.. Its more of a year round car.. where the g35 is just awesome in the summer..Youll regret it in the winter even since they have great handlin/suspension.. Out of 10, i would give a lgt a 9 and a g35 a 8.5 :o)

i live in florida so there is no real winter or anything like that..

awd performance at an economy price. (well not really...but try finding a better value...)

i c

I think you should get the G35...then go F up their board. dm.gif

are you trying to insinuate somthing?

Here's a few things to consider.

1) Price of car (including maintenance & insurance)

2) AWD vs. RWD

3) Interior space

4) Performance

5) Looks factor AKA Wow factor

1) Subaru will be at a more reasonable price always.

2) AWD is great in all weather, but in FL it won't matter as much.

3) Interior of the g35 coupe is nice, but a little cramped in my opinion.

4) Coupe has better performance stat wise, but go stage I for $650 I think it evens out.

5) The look of both catch the eye of the honies, but I think you'll get laid more in a G35 coupe.

It's all about what you are looking to get out of the car. Overall, the LGT would be the wisest choice.

+1 ;) j/k

I really like the G35 Coupe with 6sp and probably would have bought one if I wasn't looking for wagon.

Here's a few things to consider.

1) Price of car (including maintenance & insurance)

2) AWD vs. RWD

3) Interior space

4) Performance

5) Looks factor AKA Wow factor

1) Subaru will be at a more reasonable price always.

2) AWD is great in all weather, but in FL it won't matter as much.

3) Interior of the g35 coupe is nice, but a little cramped in my opinion.

4) Coupe has better performance stat wise, but go stage I for $650 I think it evens out.

5) The look of both catch the eye of the honies, but I think you'll get laid more in a G35 coupe.

It's all about what you are looking to get out of the car. Overall, the LGT would be the wisest choice.

I agree with your responses to

1)

2)

and

3)

as for 4), i expected them to be around the same but after an hour of searching ive yet to find actual 0-60 and 1/4 mile stats for an 03 automatic coupe.

and completely disagree with you on 5)

The only vehicle id get "laid more" in would be an astro van, an thats jus cuz id be doin it in it.:cool:

IMO, you can't "lose" either way, but the LGT is definately more comfortable. I was considering a G35 as well, but its been known to snow round here. Get the car you like now, and will not be bored with in a year or two.
:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

are you comparing an 03 G35 to a brand new LGT? In that case, def. go w/ the LGT. There are waaay too many G35s on the road anyway. If you are considering costs after purchase, parts/service/insurance all will be more expensive w/ the G35. Well, parts may not be, but you will be paying alot of money for that "Infiniti" experience. And dont get me wrong, I love that experience; when I go to get my mom's QX4 serviced (for free mind you), I dont want to leave...

...try sticking 4 R-compound tires, wheels, a floor jack and a tool chest in the back of the G35. If the wheels don't fit it, you must quit it.:p

Besides, while I don't know for sure, I can guess that total cost of ownership would be more for the G35 than the LGT without a significant enough performance/luxury differance.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

:lol:

I like the exterior, but can't stand the interior. don't think you could go wrong with either. I too was looking at the g35, but the lack of a wagon sent be to the lgt

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I cross shopped the two and there is a large price difference between the 2, about $8-9K in my area. Add in the savings from the low APR loan I got from Subaru, and the savings in my case was well of $10K. Thats' a good chunk of change.

From a style persepctive the G35 is a beautiful car outside. Inside, it is acceptable, but nothing better than the LGT. Space wise, the G35 is tiny in the back seat. While I don't have kids, that was a big minus to me.

Emotionally the G35 was the one I wanted, but add in the easy mods on the LGT, the ability of the AWD to put down the additional ponies, the practicality, uniqueness and big cost savings and it was a no brainer for me.

Archived