LegacyGT.com

Madeline (Mad) 09 Spec.B

KBGRIZZLY64

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Front is nice and tight. Rear Power Brace is on back order from infamous till October...

Brakes are awesome, except for the excessive squeaking. I'll post some autocross videos this weekend.

Priorities change when car parts come into the equation

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/23/072d776a74029cbbcd3acf213ed60007.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/23/17e55618bf2bbb0cd5ae3e401f9b86a7.jpg

Couple things learned today from my first autocross experience, my car is set up in a everything goes class, and street tires suck really bad. Had a 800 up gtr in my class thing was pretty sweet and pretty much roasted what was left of my bfg comp 2s. Going to order some hankook rs3 v2 or Dunlop direzzas for the next meet. It truly was a blast. Can't wait to see how the quarter mile goes tomorrow.

Put her up on the dyno at kbpi car show and put down 335/334. I ordered hankook autocross tires for autocross on Sept 13th. Still scheduled for e85 dyno tune with Dave on the 19th.

Put her up on the dyno at kbpi car show and put down 335/334. I ordered hankook autocross tires for autocross on Sept 13th. Still scheduled for e85 dyno tune with Dave on the 19th.

Not too shabby, its gonna be a blast on E85....I've been doing well leaving the STi alone but this is making me want to shell out and get this turbo for it :)

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• 3 weeks later...

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/14/9aed0ef2a09295a586033bb8e25dd90a.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/14/358040a1603fd713b31ce1a66cd4ea21.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/14/c10ff27b69e5db6def7fabf97d7f9684.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/14/14132e46e2e7e17b16c10485277c78e5.jpg

Another day of autocross. Much better truly enjoyed the car this time. New sticky tires made it much more fun. Only thing needed now are some big boy brakes and coilovers.

Tried putting on rear under body brace but I don't think I can bolt it on since I have the avo sway bar bracket reinforcement.

Thinking of getting creative with Crawford aos on paint scheme more to come later. Oh and E85 comes on Friday whoop can't wait!

E85 went awesome dyno numbers of 380whp with 399tq. Couldn't be happier with how it felt. Began to burn oil and smoke under boost only. Pulled headers and turbo both look fine. Thankfully. In the process of putting on my Crawford aos since I have the turbo out. Hoping as Dave said will help with oil issue since its neither the motor or turbo. Hoping to have it back together and driving tomorrow before work

Could do higher octane hobo. That is at 23lbs of boost so plenty more room for power but trying to prolong the inevitable. By then I think I'd want to big or go home. Couple years down the road I'm thinking.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it was fun while it lasted. Compression of cylinder #4 is 30 and the rest were lower but still functional at 110/120/110. Time to start looking into a built block... Been Brainstorming with auto trends in fort Collins as I most likely won't be putting in the motor. I could do it once the long block is put together but deciding I don't really have the time to with how much I work, I'll be sitting on the sidelines for this one.

Told Justin at auto trends I'd like metro performance to build it. I can get my hands on a spun bearing 2014 sti short block with nitrated crank for $200. Thinking sleeves, acl race bearings, arp head studs. Still debating on rods and poisons. Really want to stay away from Manley.

At one time I was debating 2.0 heads but have decided and been convinced against it. I haven't really found anybody who has done a high hp build with a hybrid block. I don't have the means to be that guy to find out advantages and disadvantages of doing that. Stock heads, cams, etc.

I want to build block for 500 hp capable but stick with this turbo until I save up the parts to get me up to that power.

• 4 weeks later...

Cp 9:1 pistons, Manley rods, acl race bearing, arp head studs, stock replacement head gaskets, upgraded motor mounts and transmission mount. Sending heads in for pressure testing and cleaning.

Then ordering some goodies I've wanted for awhile. Pictures to come in a few days. Subaru should be up and running in 2-3 weeks I'm thinking.

Got my Toyota up and running finally so Subaru will be getting a all weather cover for winter.

Subscribed after reading all this. Awesome build. Love the blue accents in the engine bay. I am doing something similar with my black wagon. I already have a blue grimmspeed crank pulley, SLi painted on my intercooler in blue, and a blue turbo blanket. Thinking of the subtle solutions radiator shroud and alternator cover.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

• 4 weeks later...
Bought gsc valve kit, mishimoto x-line radiator and hoses, and cosworth radiator caps. Found out motor is almost ready just waiting on acl race bearings to come in. Hoping to get it back before Xmas. Would be one hell of an expensive present to myself. Guess I can rope it into a bday present as well.

I have to ask, you ordered CP 9:1's or you're already aware that std STI piston's using D25 heads will put you at about 9:1?

Cp 9:1 pistons, Manley rods, acl race bearing, arp head studs, stock replacement head gaskets, upgraded motor mounts and transmission mount. Sending heads in for pressure testing and cleaning.

Then ordering some goodies I've wanted for awhile. Pictures to come in a few days. Subaru should be up and running in 2-3 weeks I'm thinking.

Got my Toyota up and running finally so Subaru will be getting a all weather cover for winter.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

I'm kinda confused on what you're asking. If I were to use a stock sti block with stock pistons and use the 25 head, compression would be 9:1? So are you getting at if I put cp 9:1 pistons that compression would be more than that? Or what are you getting at?

Archived