LegacyGT.com

2012/2013 NFL thread

BDII

Okay, so I hope I can leverage some of your knowledge for my fantasy pick this week for the WR positions...

I feel confident that the Rice , Decker, and Green will earn more than their projected points for this week. All three opponents they are playing against some pretty terrible passing defense this week. I'm not too familiar with the capabilities of the Vikings defense as a whole to get a good feeling on what I feel would be the best performers of the week. I don't pick players solely on the players projected points.

Would you keep my starting WRs as is... or substitute one for Rice?

Starting

Eric Decker Vs Cin (9.26)

A.J. Green Vs Den (10.85)

Benched:

Sidney Rice vs Min (10.12)

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd start Rice (I've got him and he produced well last week), over Decker. Arizona and TB both had WR1s light up the secondary of Minnesota in the last two weeks, and the Seattle O-line should be able to protect Wilson. With Decker in the WR2, I tend to start my WR1s ahead of them, and even though Decker gets RZ looks - D. Thomas will probably be the WR seeing paydirt for Denver.

Chiefs vs Chargers

Bills vs Texans

Ravens vs Browns

Panthers vs Redskins

Bears vs Titans

Broncos vs Bengals

Lions vs Jaguars

Cardinals vs Packers

Dolphins vs Colts

Vikings vs Seahawks

Buccaneers vs Raiders

Steelers vs Giants

Cowboys vs Falcons

Eagles vs Saints

saints over the eagles? are you high? :lol:

The saints have the worst defense in the history of the game.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

No, the Redskins have the worst defense. The Saints can still find a way to put up points, while Vick will find a way to turn the ball over.

Not according to the stat that the Saints in the first 8 games have allowed more yards than any other NFL team EVER.

Chiefs vs Chargers

Bills vs Texans

Ravens vs Browns

Panthers vs Redskins

Bears vs Titans

Broncos vs Bengals

Lions vs Jaguars

Cardinals vs Packers

Dolphins vs Colts

Vikings vs Seahawks

Buccaneers vs Raiders

Steelers vs Giants

Cowboys vs Falcons

Eagles vs Saints

These mirror my picks this week identically. :cool:

I like Brees on MNF to put up serious points at home. Eagles took a beating by the Falcons, have their whole QB quagmire going on and too much drama in the locker room with that; and despite Andy Reid fighting for his job - the pressure gets to Vick and leads to loss due to turnovers. Neither Defense is that impressive in this matchup.

do or die for vick.

Even the back up QB could beat the Saints.

You so sure? Eagles have lost 3 straight and their wins were all sorts of retarded luck. Vick sucks and half of their staff is on the verge of getting fired. Meanwhile, Saints have won 2 out of the last 3 (although their loss to the Broncos was ugly.) and are capable of putting up big points on anyone.

I'm not saying you might not end up being right but it's not so cut and dry.

I'd start Rice (I've got him and he produced well last week), over Decker. Arizona and TB both had WR1s light up the secondary of Minnesota in the last two weeks, and the Seattle O-line should be able to protect Wilson. With Decker in the WR2, I tend to start my WR1s ahead of them, and even though Decker gets RZ looks - D. Thomas will probably be the WR seeing paydirt for Denver.

Good assessment. I did flip Rice for Decker. I picked up Rice last week.

Looks like a solid lineup to me. Tough call to play NY defense against Pittsburgh vs San Diego against KC. I'd almost want to go with San Diego because the NY/Pittsburgh game may be high scoring.

Good point. I'm thinking about dropping San Diego in favor of picking up New England who is on BYE this week.

Idk about picking up NE defense.

They are entering the tougher portion of their season.

Houston for example.

But its hit or miss with the pats. They could have a really good game or hold their opponent to 7 points like they did to the rams in london

You so sure? Eagles have lost 3 straight and their wins were all sorts of retarded luck. Vick sucks and half of their staff is on the verge of getting fired. Meanwhile, Saints have won 2 out of the last 3 (although their loss to the Broncos was ugly.) and are capable of putting up big points on anyone.

I'm not saying you might not end up being right but it's not so cut and dry.

Plus it's in NO. You won't have the stupid ass Philly fans hooting and rioting like they always do. The only effect they might have is chanting "FIRE ANDY!" loud enough that Louisiana might hear it.

screw the eagles. i hope they lose by over 9000.

Eagles: 3, New Orleans: 9000.:lol:

Good point. I'm thinking about dropping San Diego in favor of picking up New England who is on BYE this week.

What are your other options for defense? I like Pittsburgh's upcoming schedule and most people have dropped them in their leagues. I'm going to give them a shot after the Giants game.

What are your other options for defense? I like Pittsburgh's upcoming schedule and most people have dropped them in their leagues. I'm going to give them a shot after the Giants game.

Here's the available defense.

pjdef.jpg.aca1359129f52b7b501eecc6617ab2ec.jpg

Like I said, after the Giants game, Pittsburgh is playing Cleveland x2 and Baltimore x2 as well as KC. That should be easy points right there.

Good point. Sounds like an easy low maintenance pick for the rest of the season :)

Archived