LegacyGT.com

Show off your 5th Gen's aftermarket wheels!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice bud!!! Very nice!!

You didn't by any chance weigh them before the tires got mounted, did you?

They showed up already mounted and balanced or I would have! I'll see if I can get an answer out of Konig. The wheel and tire together was about 51lbs though and I read the Motivo is about 26lbs, so it should be in the 24-25lb range.

http://www.atd-us.com/files/wheeldatabook2014.pdf

I tend to search for pdf information on wheels in case the technical info is listed.

This search on google was "oversteer pdf"

21.2 pounds

Capture2.thumb.PNG.3d943d2492d9c77672898a2871b0ba47.PNG

Edited by fredrik94087

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Dang that's lower than I thought! I'll have to pull one off and weigh it again on a different scale. The UPS labels said each one was 52lbs, but that might be high.

packaging/wheel weights/tpms/center caps/compressed air(maybe one gram ;))

That last part may sound funny, but it all adds up.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

So a buddy of mine likes XXRs and now this one is on the list of probables: http://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-550-Wheels-18x8-75-Platinum-p/550881001.htm

He seems pretty confident I wouldn't need to roll the fenders with the 18x8.75 +36 wrapped in 255/40/18s on RCE Black springs, but he also doesn't have a Legacy.

I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to aftermarket wheels, but does anyone prefer Konig over XXR or vice versa?

One difference I see is the XXR 550 in that size is 23.2lbs, while the Konig Oversteer 18x9 +42 is about 20lbs per wheel.

Edited by Zee199969

Contrary to what I was told and what was done, you may roll the fronts....virtually flat so they hold the fender liner in place...but not too tight.

Get them pulled at the same time which is quite easy with the aluminum foil they used for a fender

Was wondering if anyone tried anything near 19x9.5 et22. I feel that with such an offset would poke way too much. Opinions?

DC_Titus is running 19x10 +28 and might add 10mm spacers. Check the Slammed thread.

What is your plan with them? Track wheels?

Yep. The Torchs weigh 24 pounds. The Integrams weigh 20 and will likely get some sticky rubber. They also have a 5mm higher offset, so chances are I could go 265/40 for the track rubber without having to do any more fender work.

I'd love to get nice light expensive wheels, but I would get seriously ill and puke instantly if I ever hit a curb or something.

Oh, you won't have to worry about that. I've already curbed them.

On a related note, how wide of a tire would fit on 18x9.5 +45 do you guys think? Restricted to 245/40 or could you go up to 255 or 265/40?

You can put a 265/40 on 9" wheels, so you could easily do 275/35 on a 9.5" wheel but you would need coilovers with thatvoffset. 245 on 9.5 would start to look stretched. I like a square look.

I've only ever curbed one wheel in my 30 years of driving. I could probably drop $3000 on a set of wheels and be fine if I only had a spare $3000.