LegacyGT.com

misfire cylinder 3

Thorr

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't need to research. I know that these are good cars. Its almost impossible for the turbo to be going bad at less than 100,000 miles. Also, any amount of research isn't going to tell you that your fuel injector is missing and glued shut.

I talked with a few local people. Someone suggested that I put a non turbo engine in it. They said it would be more reliable that way anyways. Is this true?

Please show us some photos of the car so we can believe you. Now you're talking about a non-turbo motor :spin:

The turbo could easily be shot at 100,000 miles if the car wasn't cared for properly, used crap oil, too long of an OCI, etc...

• I Donated
I don't need to research. I know that these are good cars. Its almost impossible for the turbo to be going bad at less than 100,000 miles.

Turbo failures are extremely common on LGTs -- you'd know this if you researched. ;)

Granted, the majority of turbos that fail are the VF40s that came on the 05-06es, but the VF46 on the 07-09 has been known to fail if not taken care of, too.

And yes, the non-turbo motor would be more reliable... if you can get it to run right in a turbo car, which is doubtful. With that said, if you take care of a turbo motor properly, 9 times out of 10 it will be fine.

The temptation is killing me...

Don't do it man. Thorr seems like he won't listen or learn anyway. If he's real and not a troll or an AE, that is.

All you can do here is get yourself in trouble.

ssbtech I don't care what you think. Just go away.

In the many years I've been browsing this forumn and few that I've been posting, I don't think I've ever read a post where someone's fuel injector was replaced with glue in their half beat-up "good condition" car.

Sorry, but it just doesn't add up.

If there really is glue in your injector hole in place of an injector that would cost the previous owner $25-50 used, how did you drive the car away from the dealership without thinking....."WOW this car is really fucked up, I can't believe I just bought such a piece of crap. I mean it's in really good shape despite the fact that somebody went after half the body and windows with a baseball bat, but the engine barely runs"

oh god...

yes?

I'm the troll? :lol:

acceptance is the key...now get out

If there really is glue in your injector hole in place of an injector that would cost the previous owner $25-50 used, how did you drive the car away from the dealership without thinking....."WOW this car is really fucked up, I can't believe I just bought such a piece of crap. I mean it's in really good shape despite the fact that somebody went after half the body and windows with a baseball bat, but the engine barely runs"

Didn't think about it that way. Gee, thanks for bringing it all into focus!

now get out

Archived