LegacyGT.com

misfire cylinder 3

Thorr

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated

Yeah, if its 05-09 he has coil packs.

With that being determined, then I retract my previous statement. I do older Subarus, I'm use to a single coil pack with plug wires.

Either way, you likely have a spark issue. Swap coil packs around and see if the misfire moves.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Replacing the injector solved the misfire on my #2 cylinder.

You can try swapping around the #1 and #3 injectors to see if the problem follows the injector.

Be sure to release the fuel pressure first or you might be doing more than soldering wires back together.

• I Donated
Can you, or anyone else, point me to a diagram so I can find the injectors? (I'm assuming you are talking about fuel injectors?)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/broknindarkagain/b490f6ab.jpg

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Well I pulled out all of the plugs. One of the spark plug wires broke so I soldered it back together and used some electrical tape.

Cylinder 3 plug wire is the one that broke I think. It had a mis matched spark plug in it. I put some Autolite Copper plugs in there so they all match and I couldn't afford to buy a set of wires.

I'm still having a misfire though. Any thoughts?

the legacy gt takes ngk iridium plugs they are les then $10 each from autozone. there are no wires. if the correct plugs dont solve the misfire, move the coils and see if the misfire follows. after that move the injectors and see if the misfire follows. driving the car while actively misfiring will damage the engine and cat converters further then they may already be.

if you have not yet found why the misfire it is most likely something wrong with the engine and what i would expect as to why the car was a 'discount'.

Archived