LegacyGT.com

misfire cylinder 3

Thorr

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hate to tell you, but if someone really took out an injector and glued the hole shut getting the glue out will probably be the least of your worries. Who knows how long the car has been running on 3 cylinders and what is actually broken? Best of luck.

Its running so bad and its more than I'm comfortable trying to fix on my own. I talked with a mechanic buddy of mine and he said he has never seen anything like it before and that he didn't want to touch it.

It is running so bad, I just took it to the dealer. I haven't heard back from them yet. When I do I'll let you guys know whats going on.

Just tuning back in...WTF did the PO do to this thing? Did you not have this inspected before you bought it since you say you aren't very mechanically inclined?

You should have the dealer inspect the rest of the car while they have it to make sure there isn't anything else jimmy-rigged together.

OP?

http://webrulon.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/blog-troll.jpg

h E L L O

misfire indeed. Is this troll trying to compete with Curiosity?

god of thunder, not of war. bought car with 75% injection. right.

if true you need a refund or a new engina...

• I Donated
i just bough my legacy. i got it at a discounted price because the check engine light is on. ... im a complete beginner on cars so i dont know where to start.

Wait, let me get this straight.

You bought a turbo car with a CEL on, without getting it inspected, and you're a complete beginner on cars.

Is that accurate?

For the love of God, WHY????? :spin:

Do not flame my thread please.

I got a call back from the dealer. They are wanting me to replace the head, fuel rail, head gaskets, timing belt, timing pulleys, water pump, valve cover gaskets, intake manifold gaskets, the piston on cylinder 3, an oil change, coolant flush, and a bunch of other stuff. The bill they handed me was for $6900....thats more than I paid for the car.

• I Donated

Wow, I think he might actually be serious!

Do yourself a favor and get some quotes from places besides the dealer. They call them stealerships for a reason. Find a reputable Subaru repair or tuning shop -- they will know how to do the work, and will probably charge far less than the dealer.

Archived