LegacyGT.com

misfire cylinder 3

Thorr

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The dealer also said something about my turbo. They told me that it had imminent failure and I needed to replace it now or else it would ruin my engine. I think this is a load of horse crap though because I've never once heard of a turbo going bad and blowing up an engine.

• I Donated
The dealer also said something about my turbo. They told me that it had imminent failure and I needed to replace it now or else it would ruin my engine. I think this is a load of horse crap though because I've never once heard of a turbo going bad and blowing up an engine.

You need to read more on here, then. There are plenty of instances of turbos failing and causing engine failures.

• I Donated
How many mile's are on that car? For $5,100 for an 07gt it must be either really high miles or beat to hell. The latter would be my first guess based off of the information already provided.

Probably both... :lol:

I haven't given the dealer the OK to do the work yet. They were hounding me all day about it saying I either needed to fix it or get it out of there. The worst customer service I've ever experienced. What do you guys think I should do? Should I fix it or not? Is it worth it? By the time the repairs are done, between buying the car and fixing it I would have spent a littler over 12000 on it.

The rest of the car is in pretty good condition. The paint is scratched in some spots and it looks like someone hit the trunk with a baseball bat and it needs the driver window and a new windshield but everything else is pretty good.

• I Donated
The rest of the car is in pretty good condition. The paint is scratched in some spots and it looks like someone hit the trunk with a baseball bat and it needs the driver window and a new windshield but everything else is pretty good.

So in other words, it's in crappy condition.

Take it to some place that will do the work cheaper.

I haven't given the dealer the OK to do the work yet. They were hounding me all day about it saying I either needed to fix it or get it out of there. The worst customer service I've ever experienced. What do you guys think I should do? Should I fix it or not? Is it worth it? By the time the repairs are done, between buying the car and fixing it I would have spent a littler over 12000 on it.
in all honesty they dont want to work on it. who knows what they are getting into.

• I Donated
If it were in crappy condition, I would say its in crappy condition. Its in good condition except for what I listed.....and the burn hole in the drivers seat.

What are you comparing it to? A 15-year-old rusted-out beater? Windshield is broken, trunk looks like someone hit it with a baseball bat? Scrapes in various places? Interior has been smoked in? Tell me why that's not crappy condition.

On the other hand, $5100 sounds like it might have been a halfway fair price, considering all the problems it has. Most 07s are $12k+. I just got my 07 Spec.B with 61k for $17k. But it is in very good condition.

• I Donated Too

If it were in crappy condition, I would say its in crappy condition. Its in good condition except for what I listed.....and the burn hole in the drivers seat.

Who wouldn't want to work on it? Its a beautiful car

Deluded much?

This thread has got to be a joke right?

I can see the for-sale sign now:

"Car in good condition if you can overlook the baseball bat beaten trunk, two broken windows, scratches, interior burns and glued up fuel injector hole."

Without pics I cannot believe this to be real any more.

Archived