LegacyGT.com

Curious, SoCal on 91... who is the fastest?

Dont be killed. I appreciate the clarification of your opinion Drew. When faced with the exact same problem, in a similar situation, I went the opposite way. Its important for me, as a modder and owner, to understand what and why. I disagree but I at least understand your reasoning.

And we DD'd my car for just over 10k miles on e85 BTW.

I am not taking my car off the road because its a problem. Its actually very DD'able is the truth. Its the cost of my parts and beating on them on sh!t LA roads that has me worried. I want it to be track and show ready when I want it and to do better than if it was DD'd but ultimately my car is not being DD'd because after I knocked up the wife, I knew I was not going to have much time to dedicated track use and maintenance. Turning the car into an occasional track car and show car was a no brainer when the wife decided she wanted an OBXT and would let me keep the LGT AND the Durango.

I also might not do a 91 tune and wish my original racerx/vf39 setup was around for the wife to run.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, I'm becoming more sensitive to cost after spending $11k on a $5k motor and now saving up for another. :(

Now that the air is cleared how in the heck do I recover the intent of this?

91 Cali cat pee for gas, parts list, dyno, and traps. This is all we want to know.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

OMG Max...you're killin me man. Don't you know how much I love you? I want to have your babies man!

That’s just it, everything. You don’t DD yours, and it’s becoming more and more of a pain.

Uh, no... I was just stating an alcohol injection benefit. Did you get enough sleep last night or what? I tried cuddling with you but you didn't seem interested.

OMG again, really??? Holy crap... ok, sorry, it may not make sense to you. We don’t all go stg4 with the main purpose to tune near the limit. Ok, maybe..define limit ;) No but really, I had a broken ringland and it all went downhill from there. I didn’t wake up one day and say “I think I’ll go stg4 today”.

I’m comparing long term costs and Yes... going out of my way to fill up every 1.5 days seems on the surface to be a real pain in the ass. Who knows, it may not seem so bad in practice but I'm guessing not.

It looks like you are assuming e85 costs the same (and burns at the same rate) at the pump by your statement. My previous example was a rough guess on the fly and I was off. 12 gal at 16 times (guessing I'd fill up about every other day during the wk being that I have a 90 mi commute then a little on the weekend) /month using a low $3.15 amount (it most likely will be higher with my luck) /gal for e85 and we are talking roughly $605+/mo. Again, yours isn't a DD. I think most people would feel $600/mo in gas.

In this day and age yes it does. You should read up. It’s just fine. It’s not the voodoo you seem to make it out to be. Why not poll those here on LegacyGT that have been using it.

Parts were never an issue. I never brought that up. I buy what I want and all I did was comment on the inconvenience and additional cost. Mostly the inconvenience. It's annoying to fill up every third day as it is but I soon forget once I leave the station :)

She’s correct, heck she is always correct. She’s a Dentist that got through the best Dental school in the country receiving 2 degrees and never having to buy a book. She merely relied on her good note taking. My car is my car, end of story.

Not Ok? Way to assert you opinion there Max. I like a strong man to keep me warm in bed at night.

Well, parts are usually a little here and a little there. Fuel is almost a constant and we are talking a big difference. Try to imagine if yours was a DD and your fuel cost went up $150/mo. I doubt you’d be happy about it. All I did was voice the same opinion and this got out of control. Man when you voice an opinion, you voice an opinion.

Dont be killed. I appreciate you more than you know Drew, I love you man. When faced with the exact same problem, in a similar situation, you've always been there with love and tenderness. Its important for me, as a modder and owner, to understand what and why. I disagree but I at least understand your reasoning.

And we DD'd my car for just over 10k miles on e85 BTW.

I am not taking my car off the road because its a problem. Its actually very DD'able is the truth. Its the cost of my parts and beating on them on sh!t LA roads that has me worried I won't have enough money to wine and dine you like you deserve. I want it to be track and show ready when I want it and to do better than if it was DD'd but ultimately my car is not being DD'd because after I knocked up the wife, and she found out I was sleeping with you on the side, I knew I was not going to have much time to dedicate to you. Turning the car into an occasional track car and show car was a no brainer when the wife decided she wanted an OBXT and would let me keep the LGT AND the Durango.

I also might not do a 91 tune and wish my original racerx/vf39 setup was around for the wife to run.

Get a room you two :wub:.

Ok so I'm bored at work....

^^^ obviously clutch slip...sheesh ;)

Thanks Mike for chiming in. What were your mods at the time?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Thats when clutch slips, then grabs again. Fubarred everything. Never did another run with the new clutch before performing more mods. Wish I had now.

That was a FP68HTA 7cm hotside FP wastegate (internal)

OEM block

Perrin headers

Cobb up pipe

CNT catted down pipe

Cobb CBE (modified to 3" at the DP)

K&N Typhoon intake

750cc DW top feed injectors

Walbro 342 pump

TGV deletes

RacerX FMIC

GFB BOV

GM 3bar MAP sensor

Prodrive 3port EBCS

AP inlet tube

Well, don't CA, NV, and AZ have worse 91 oct than everyone elses, though?

You guys may be at more of a disadvantage than everyone else.

I believe that the 91 in NV and AZ is slightly better than the 91 in CA. All I know is when I go to CA and put 91 in it and come back to NV, it feels more sluggish than when the 91 from NV is in it. It could also be that the CA 91 is a sea level formulation and the NV 91 is formulated for higher altitude (Reno is ~4500 ft).

I am by no means a chemist, that is just my "feel of the pants" appraisal.

SpecB, I did a bunch of research when I first went e85.

IIIRC Cobb offers both a 91oct tune and a ACN91oct tune, ACN for Arizona Nevada California. To my knowledge our ACN 91oct is not as good as other 91oct as there is both a ACN91oct tune and a 91oct tune on the Cobb site. Most likely you are getting the same or very similar fuel in CA and NV.

Disclaimer: I am not a chemist, do not specialize in combustible materials and have logged the OBXT and LGT only on CA91 (ACN91?) and e85.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ya didnt go as expected. First run was just all wheel hop on 255s. Second run i got a 13.5@101mph lowered LC to 4500 and it helped. Got knocked out that run so i didnt get to go again. I think i couldve gotten a 13.4. There was a new sti there that dialed in a 14.5. Beat a ls2 gto. And one that was real close to me was a procharged 350z.

What? We pulled 4 deg in 1 pull just to kill the knock, lol. But, yes air density and octane do make a big difference.

Look at the logs Shamar and see how fast boost comes on too. I remember my boost hit was faster back east too. I think it was building load faster too.

No matter what the car was noticeably slower. Even the wife complained. Lol.

Archived