LegacyGT.com

Curious, SoCal on 91... who is the fastest?

I've posted multiple runs at multiple different tune levels.;)

IIRC best stage2 run was ~1.8# 60', 8.4# 1/8 12.9# 1/4.

Will have to do some looking in my old posts to find a stage3+ run.

This is true. What im confused about is how u guys manage a 1.8 or less 60 foot.

Really clean launch. Fantastic track surface.

...i could only manage at the lowest a 2.01. That is 100% throttle 5500 rpm launch and getting the tires to give a few little chirps out of the hole. I honestly think its the track ...

So out of curiosity, Why is cali gas always considered bad? Is CA91 not the same 91 everywhere?

91 is often 92 or 93 oct and posted as 92 or 93 in other parts of the country.

Maybe it's the OB gearing? I got a 1.736 60' when I was stage 2 with the stock clutch. Started slipping on the way home from the track. :)

...but the LGT or SpecB don't need to shift out of 1st for a 60'. :confused:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've posted multiple runs at multiple different tune levels.;)

IIRC best stage2 run was ~1.8# 60', 8.4# 1/8 12.9# 1/4.

Will have to do some looking in my old posts to find a stage3+ run.

I didn't mean you, but the rest of the LGT crowd is generally "above" drag racing. Must be too easy for all these experts.

...but the LGT or SpecB don't need to shift out of 1st for a 60'. :confused:

Don't the OB models have a lower final drive than the LGT/Spec.b?

I didn't mean you, but the rest of the LGT crowd is generally "above" drag racing. Must be too easy for all these experts.

To each his own, I personally find that drag racing (which I did a lot when I was younger when LA Co Raceway was still around) bores me to tears compared to circuit racing, so I don't bother with it anymore. For a lot of people it's a great way to get a (safe) rush, it just hasn't done anything for me in a long time, but racing motorcycles kind of desensitizes you to speed I guess, so does owning a bike that'll do 0-60 in 2.8s :).

As long as my car feels fast to me on the street, I really don't care what times it'll post in a 1/4mi drag. I do 99.99% of my "fun" driving in canyons, so I'm really disinterested in what 0-60 time or 1/4mi time I can log/post/score/whatevers.

Well, don't CA, NV, and AZ have worse 91 oct than everyone elses, though?

You guys may be at more of a disadvantage than everyone else.

We are at a serious disadvantage, no matter what anyone says, a legitimate 350whp is typically from 30r sized turbos.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

To each his own, I personally find that drag racing (which I did a lot when I was younger when LA Co Raceway was still around) bores me to tears compared to circuit racing,

I hear ya, I cannot even get myself to do it once. Just doesn't appeal to me.

I do 99.99% of my "fun" driving in canyons.

I'm overdue for a good canyon run.

You pantys need to bring money with you to the dragstrip, THEN it gets fun. Come out with me, otherwise, your just a bunch of whiners.;) Ex. getting hit up by the vette that I beat then taking Shamar for dinner.:p Ex.2 we can have a GREAT time at the dragstrip IN THE GRANDSTAND with $~100 just making $5 bets with a few buddies on what TIMES cars are going to run (closest takes each pot, money floats back and forth unless you are playing with Shamar, he knows what times cars will run. He just knows LOL)

ODN you need to bring a bike to the cyns. Drew, I'd love to go to the cyn's with you. With my wild rebuild, its going to take some time for me to gain confidence its not going to leave me on the side of the road. Would be good to have a buddy who is not afraid to keep up (or better yet, set the pace) who can help me out if I get into trouble.

We are SO off topic. :redface:

I hear a lot of people say cali gas is watered down, but I find it hard to believe that gas sold as 91 isn't really 91. Gas stations only hold so much fuel, so I doubt fuel is getting old with the volume of cars in california.

I hear a lot of people say cali gas is watered down, but I find it hard to believe that gas sold as 91 isn't really 91. Gas stations only hold so much fuel, so I doubt fuel is getting old with the volume of cars in california.

Well i think (and i am far from an expert on the topic) that CA gas is highly oxygenated to reduce emissions, and the more oxygenated gasoline is, the less hp you can get burning it (someone correct me if im wrong though plz).

from what i found, oxygenated fuel has less energy content then non oxygenated fuel. the additives they use basically takes up space in the fuel mixture

so you would need to burn more fuel to make same amount of power as like in 93, but you can only inject and burn so much fuel to keep a happy afr

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

You pantys need to bring money with you to the dragstrip, THEN it gets fun. Come out with me, otherwise, your just a bunch of whiners.;)

Nah, just lazy. I'd rather get on a dyno for real WHP/WTQ #'s (please again, no airboy) then just go drive.

Ex. getting hit up by the vette that I beat then taking Shamar for dinner.:p Ex.2 we can have a GREAT time at the dragstrip IN THE GRANDSTAND with $~100 just making $5 bets with a few buddies on what TIMES cars are going to run (closest takes each pot, money floats back and forth unless you are playing with Shamar, he knows what times cars will run. He just knows LOL)

I could do that...

Drew, I'd love to go to the cyn's with you. Would be good to have a buddy who is not afraid to keep up (or better yet, set the pace) who can help me out if I get into trouble.

We are SO off topic. :redface:

I have this thing were I'll never cross the center divider. It's much more of a challenge going fast and staying in your lane. I personally loose respect for drivers that consistantly cross the center divider then boast about how fast they were.... stupid. When the whole road is used speeds might double and the risk of a crash goes up significantly. Just remember I won't drive with someone that leaves the white line but I'm up for a run anytime.

Nah, just lazy. I'd rather get on a dyno for real WHP/WTQ #'s (please again, no airboy) then just go drive.

As long as we ALL go on the SAME dyno at the SAME temperature.;)

While you are at it, stop whining about how fast my car is, particularly when you will not run yours.

You titled this thread about FAST cars, not machines made to immitate reality for easy tuning.I'm not the only one who has put down big numbers on a vf39.

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/power-bragging/203382-2006-stage-2-vf39-e85-371whp-427wtq.html

I could do that...

Told you that you could have fun with me at the track. When do you want to go to Irwindale Drew? If we are just hanging out, looking at cars and placing friendly bets on the races I can drive my Durango and park FAAAAR from staging.:spin:

I have this thing were I'll never cross the center divider. It's much more of a challenge going fast and staying in your lane. I personally loose respect for drivers that consistantly cross the center divider then boast about how fast they were.... stupid. When the whole road is used speeds might double and the risk of a crash goes up significantly. Just remember I won't drive with someone that leaves the white line but I'm up for a run anytime.

Its not about you Drew. Its the guy coming the other way.:eek::spin::mad:

Anyhow, it totally depends on the situation. I'm happy to go around a slowpoke, over the double yellow, on the outside of a turn, if I can see up the entire mountain side and its obvious there is no oncomming traffic. Its not called "getting away with it, its called making the move". Ask Jason:lol:.

On the other hand, if its not OBVIOUS that there is NOTHING ahead and I can make it with 8/10th driving, I would never think of jeopardizing myself, let alone someone else.I personally loose respect for drivers that cannot hold a line, drive safely and maintain an appropriate and consistant pace. It has little to do with the suggestions painted on the road as I think plenty of terrible drivers seem to be able to follow the road, even quickly and staying in your lane alone is ultimately meaningless if you are hurtling toward the motorcycle in the blind turn that came over the double yellow because he has no idea what HE is doing toward the car doing 9/10 IN ITS LANE... BOOM!

Anyhow, it totally depends on the road. If you are up on GMR and you are not spotting ahead to see if there is traffic and using as much of the road as you can, you are driving slow and beating the sh!t out of your 3300lbs porkchop. (The main reason I have no interest in GMR in the LGT) On the backside of the 2 with winding turns? You should be able to stay in your lane over 100mph. If you can go fast enough to WARRANT using more than one lane, you are a psychopath.:cool:

Ultimately, you should not even be going fast in YOUR lane unless you can spot ahead enough that you feel comfortable running off into the OTHER lane.:p

I can't tell you how many shitty motorcycle riders in the malibu canyons can't seem to hold a line through a corner. Every time I go down the snake (Mullholland from Kanan to the rock store), there are at least a handful of riders either directly on or slightly over the double yellow in a blind corner coming the opposite way for no flipping reason, and I have to make sure I'm hugging the right shoulder, or I'll get hit, and a biker will probably die.

We need more stringent licensing requirements in this country. Any twit that's not legally blind can get a drivers license, and that's scary.

Ok, thanks for that :D

Back on topic... I personally want to know 1) how fast 2) and at what WHP.WTQ on Cali 91 cat pee.

Max...hahaha just because I mention Airboy you think it's directly aimed at you lol well.... maybe that guilty feeling is because you're aware the numbers were a little too high, just maybe ;)

In my experience again, a genuine 350whp is had only in a 30r sized turbo. Not that it really matters that much but there are some parts combinations that make power and some that you think would but surprise us with less than expected. It would just be interesting to see in print.

Max...hahaha just because I mention Airboy you think it's directly aimed at you lol well.... maybe that guilty feeling is because you're aware the numbers were a little too high, just maybe ;)

Drew you ARE the one that commented on the airboy, directly at me, just to clairify;). 0% guilt, 100% torque and the same members making the same commentary about airboys and dynos. Pretty sure I even offered to let you drive my car before.

airboy.thumb.png.898a45d67da9bc9236443e7214b5a973.png

I'm subscribing... but also in LALGTs defense, I put down 315whp on one of the lowest reading mustang dynos in the country with a nearly identical setup to his airboy 339whp setup.

And I'm not joking about the low reading mustang - same car, same tune, same weather did 511whp on awdtuning's dyno and 585whp on a different mustang dyno.

lol

Archived