LegacyGT.com

Thinking about buying a Legacy gt spec b

spc2125

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just brought the car to the mechanic and this is what he said

"Check over for sale.

Inspected the car, Found car needs Tires, Rear brakes, almost worn out, Ebrake needs Adjustment and hose clamp needs to be adjusted on intercooler. Checked Car Fax Good 4 owners no accidents. Checked for engine codes, none. Front end tight."

Also, I found out that the turbo filter has "bigger mesh" than the stock turbo. The stock filter is what causes the turbo to blow in these cars. (This was what I am told)

Although the 06 is a limited edition....the 07 and newer has the 6 speed, heavy duty rear end and some other Aluminum underneath (all stuff that is not on the 06).......since the motor has been replaced the 1 of 500 thing becomes a little less special.....I'd use that to work him down a bit....that said you would have a LGT that can run on 18s (and keep the speedo correct) and is a VF 52 turbo, panel, down pipe, and a tune short of 270 WHP (about 2 K total).....Tire rack has some goodyear F1s on sale for 150 a piece....I have run them on my spec B and they are a great all around (all season) tire.......you are also getting the Billstiens which are about an 1200 bucks to get upgraded......good luck on the purchase

Just about all the information in this post is wrong :lol:

hose clamps on the ic need adjustment?

eh - otherwise, doesnt sound too bad. Did you get a compression test done? Not sure i would by a 2.5 turbo out of warranty without one of those.

Yeah compression test is all set.

The seller had that done before hand.

And the hose clamp he said was like a 2 minute job. Somebody had removed it but had not put it on all the way i guess. He didnt want to do anything to the car because he was just doing a check over.

cool man.

my only fear would be the used block... but with a solid compression test, that alleviates many worries.

Used cars with limited history are a bit of a gamble. But for the price, you could even afford a few repairs, and still be well ahead of the game.

cool man.

my only fear would be the used block... but with a solid compression test, that alleviates many worries.

Used cars with limited history are a bit of a gamble. But for the price, you could even afford a few repairs, and still be well ahead of the game.

Yeah, the final buying price is $9500 !!!

What a fricken steal!!

I pick it up Saturday!!!!!!!! :spin::spin::spin:

yeah man.. like i said, it would take some catastrophic issues for you to be in the hole on this car. Nice score. Good luck with it.

Any plans for it?

Plans hmmmm.

Because I still have to pay off the loan I am not going to go crazy just yet. I want to atleast have 3 year of driving under my belt (insurance goes down after that) that way I have more money for modding CORRECTLY.

Well besides the brakes and tires.... and the obvious clear corners and tint tail lights

By the end of the summer mods:

Kartboy STS

Then Tint

Catback exhaust + Intake

Front Lip

Progressive modding after that:

Alarm System (insurance purpose)

Suspension upgrades

Stage 2 or 3 (tune of course)

Rims

Eventual mods:

Brake upgrade

Turbo upgrade

Possibly painted black

Anyways, this is going to be my baby for AWHILE! I might actually have this car until I have my first kid. But I am not really into AutoX or going to the track or anything. Just a nice swift DD.

:eek: On a Spec.B?

I know I know.

But this car has already has a motor replaces and turbo replaced. And it no longer has that plastic engine top cover thing. So it is quickly diminishing in value of "Spec B - Ness"

^ why not tint the tail lights?

And is there any significant sound that comes from replacing the stock intake with an aftermarket one? Thats what I was really looking for.

Archived