LegacyGT.com

5EAT Ask your Questions!?!

Anyone have the breakdown of the rear differential assembly? My transmission has been doing funny things so I flushed it and replaced the filter. Was changing the differential fluid for shits and giggles while I was down there, got to the rear diff and saw that I can pull my passenger axle out.

Happened to me twice

Makes the trans feel like its slipping. Took me a while to figure it out .

To get it fully seated i un did the axle nut and used a dead blow hammer

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Happened to me twice

Makes the trans feel like its slipping. Took me a while to figure it out .

To get it fully seated i un did the axle nut and used a dead blow hammer

You have no idea how good it is to hear that! My transmission would randomly feel like it was slipping on certain days! Is there some sort of retaining clip that is supposed to hold it in?

Its a spring clip on the end , after you pop it in you wll see how deep it sits .

Thenyou can doubble check it with a pry bar and try and pull it out again with light load .

Has anyone taken the alex out before?

Its a spring clip on the end , after you pop it in you wll see how deep it sits .

Thenyou can doubble check it with a pry bar and try and pull it out again with light load .

Has anyone taken the alex out before?

After checking other forums there is an ridiculous debate on whether the clips come out on the axel or stay in the differential, I just wonder if my local subaru dealer would have a new one of these in stock..... would make me sleep better at night. It seems a lot of people's axels fall out with no rhyme or reason and a lot of people just stuff them back in, don't want this bastard falling out again. :spin:

yea the spring may be in the diff.. i remember something like that .. i have a spare axle at my farm .

there is nothing worng with the spring and good luck changing it if its in the diff.. just put it back together right and it will be fine.

i dont know how else to describe it. if i star from 0 and i start rolling to about 5kms there is a click in the trans. when i slow down to a complete stop i here the same click. i dont know what it is. but its there.

im just wondering if anyone else has the same issue/click.

Thanks guys for answering my question earlier. Now I have another question; I was reading up about there being an early 05 5EAT and a later 05 5EAT? If i were to try and put on a later 05 5EAT on my earlier model 05 5EAT, would it be possible/compatible? What is the difference between the two?

Somehow missed this question earlier. AFAIK, the "early" and "late" 05s were differences in things like gas filler door sensor/gas tank sensor (something to do with a fuel sensor near the gas tank), and a few other things. The main reason you would need to know this is for an Accessport, where they ship a specific modified ROM for your car. If you got an early ROM when you needed a late ROM, I believe you'd get phantom CELs, due to it trying to read a sensor that wasn't installed in the later 05s, that sort of thing.

I don't think there's any difference in the actual transmission hardware between early 05 and late 05 (sometimes written as 05.5) - but I could be wrong :lol:

Hi guys

Want to ask your professional opinion. Need to change all my Legacy GT 5EAT oil, i just buy car and oil look that is newer changes.

Now i have two options to oil, can you give me some opinions and thingings what ois is better this. Winter times is quite cold days sometimes -25 degrees celcius.

Here is oils:

- AMSOIL ATF - about 17€/litre - http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/transmission-fluid/automatic/signature-series-multi-vehicle-synthetic-automatic-transmission-fluid/?zo=1276136&page=%2fstorefront%2fatf.aspx

- Fuchs TITAN ATF 4400 - about 13.5€/litre - http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-60163-fuchs-titan-atf-4400-automatic-transmission-fluid-for-japanese-cars.aspx

Any thingings are that AMSOIL some way better oil, or do i just use Fuchs Titan oil. Both give Subaru ATF-HP standard and that way i think they working ok with 5EAT.

------------------------------------------

Other question what link/cabel i get connection and do changes to 5EAT TCU? Any guy here do any pressure changes that default parameters in transmission?

Thanks everyone who can help me with this questions.

Edited by Lassiv

• I Donated Too
Hi guys

Want to ask your professional opinion. Need to change all my Legacy GT 5EAT oil, i just buy car and oil look that is newer changes.

Now i have two options to oil, can you give me some opinions and thingings what ois is better this. Winter times is quite cold days sometimes -25 degrees celcius.

Here is oils:

- AMSOIL ATF - about 17€/litre - http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/transmission-fluid/automatic/signature-series-multi-vehicle-synthetic-automatic-transmission-fluid/?zo=1276136&page=%2fstorefront%2fatf.aspx

- Fuchs TITAN ATF 4400 - about 13.5€/litre - http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-60163-fuchs-titan-atf-4400-automatic-transmission-fluid-for-japanese-cars.aspx

Any thingings are that AMSOIL some way better oil, or do i just use Fuchs Titan oil. Both give Subaru ATF-HP standard and that way i think they working ok with 5EAT.

------------------------------------------

Other question what link/cabel i get connection and do changes to 5EAT TCU? Any guy here do any pressure changes that default parameters in transmission?

Thanks everyone who can help me with this questions.

Read through this thread and you'll find your answers. Also check out the FreeSSM thread.

i dont know how else to describe it. if i star from 0 and i start rolling to about 5kms there is a click in the trans. when i slow down to a complete stop i here the same click. i dont know what it is. but its there.

im just wondering if anyone else has the same issue/click.

is the click coming from the shifter? i can't remember if it's audible on this car, but my old nissan had a very audible shifter-lock click when speeding up from a stop and slowing down. locked it out of going into reverse or park at speed.

there is also a light click from the shifter it self when you go over about 5 kms. its a lock out, when your traveling more than 5 km/h you cannot put it in reverse or park.

could this be what your talking about ?

is the click coming from the shifter? i can't remember if it's audible on this car, but my old nissan had a very audible shifter-lock click when speeding up from a stop and slowing down. locked it out of going into reverse or park at speed.

I'm entirely familiar with this click, in fact hadn't noticed it until a couple consecutive clean bills of health from the dealership (needless to say with the dang ol lgt I'm always looking for the next issue) I definitely spent a few more trips having them look into what it could be. They even diagnosed a worn shifter cable, which I replaced. Click is still there. Bugs t he shit out of me