LegacyGT.com

Stage 2 Finally!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
stage 2 is slow.

I'm starting to see what you meant BMX, even though I've gotten the chance to smoke a lot of cars over the past few weeks, I'm starting to crave more powa! I guess I've gotten use to it now. The mod itch is becoming overwhelming... but... must... resist... :spin:

Stock 2012 WRX ~= Stage 1 05-09 LGT.

That's pretty amazing what stage 2 would be then considering the WRX 2012 has 265 HP and curb weight is 3252 lbs vs. 3500 lbs for an OBXT manual trans (values found on cars101.com).

Man the new impreza is ugly IMHO. It's like a mix between a hyundai, kia, and a corolla.

• I Donated
That's pretty amazing what stage 2 would be then considering the WRX 2012 has 265 HP and curb weight is 3252 lbs vs. 3500 lbs for an OBXT manual trans (values found on cars101.com).

The LGT sedan is 3300 lbs. I've always equated Stage 2 to around stock STI power levels.

The LGT sedan is 3300 lbs. I've always equated Stage 2 to around stock STI power levels.

Actually just saw on cars101 that the LGT sedan automatic trans is 3535 lbs vs. 3365 for the manual. That's surprising that an LGT with Auto is about as heavy as an OBXT (3500 for MT/3565 for Auto).

• Moderators
Are you for reals?

I'm completely for reals. I have to caveat my drive with the fact that it was still in break in mode, so nothing above 4k rpms.

It's not a power/weight issue (I'm assuming), it's the power curve. They need a tune BAD. The turbo doesn't spool up until what feels like about 3800 rpms, and even then it doesn't feel like it's completely spooled.

The result is that it feels / is SLOW, especially compared to a stage 2 LGT.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I'm completely for reals. I have to caveat my drive with the fact that it was still in break in mode, so nothing above 4k rpms.

It's not a power/weight issue (I'm assuming), it's the power curve. They need a tune BAD. The turbo doesn't spool up until what feels like about 3800 rpms, and even then it doesn't feel like it's completely spooled.

The result is that it feels / is SLOW, especially compared to a stage 2 LGT.

^That's fair enough.

As long as he hasn't gotten any soap on it, I'm sure it's fine.

I have to admit when I just bought the car I did 2 drive thrus before getting chewed out about getting soap in the intercooler.

Archived