LegacyGT.com

Stage 2 Finally!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IMHO I hope it always feels that way for you. What "everyone" tends to forget is that Stage 3+ is all about SUPPORTING MODS not about the turbo (or even shortblock:lol:) in general, Stage3+ requires these things to support it that you can get away without at Stage2 (although its not as much fun without suspension).

Intercooler, Clutch, Flywheel, Injectors, Fuel Pump, Brake Upgrade, Suspension Upgrade, Tires = $$$$$$$$$$

With the exception of a BnR16g or vf52 on OEM fueling which is a great "poor-mans" stage 3 if you want to look at it from a cost standpoint (although there is nothing poor about the performance of a BnR16g/vf52'd LGT compared to a vf40/46'd LGT).

Yessiree, Stage 2 is dollar for dollar the biggest bang for the buck. Its one of those too-good-to-be-true moments that are so infrequent in life.

Not everyone needs all that. It took me over a year to decide to even go Stage 2. To do more than this I would need some serious convincing. Putting all that money in my car when I'm not sure if I'll keep it for more than another 2 years lol. None of the cars I've ever owned have seen a track, the most racing I've done is beating someone to the front of a merging lane and couple street light races which last year I've only did that twice. Like I said, this is enough power for me for the amount of money I spent, the only other thing I'd probably buy now is an upgraded brake system.

• Mega Users
Not everyone needs all that. It took me over a year to decide to even go Stage 2. To do more than this I would need some serious convincing. Putting all that money in my car when I'm not sure if I'll keep it for more than another 2 years lol. None of the cars I've ever owned have seen a track, the most racing I've done is beating someone to the front of a merging lane and couple street light races which last year I've only did that twice. Like I said, this is enough power for me for the amount of money I spent, the only other thing I'd probably buy now is an upgraded brake system.

If I had that kind of uncertainty, I wouldn't have even gone stage 2.

I've come to the conclusion that most of the people on this forum who go Stage 3 will never be satisfied enough.

YA I SAID IT!

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

• I Donated

I've come to the conclusion that most of the people on this forum who go Stage 3 will never be satisfied enough.

YA I SAID IT!

I have been satisfied with the performance of my BNR Evo 16G. I just didn't like the lag of my FMIC, hence why I went with the Process West TMIC. I don't plan any more power upgrades in the future.

At least in my case this has proven to be true. Even my tuner tried to stage an intervention and told me to my face that I am silly as hell for wating MOAR power.

I have been satisfied with the performance of my BNR Evo 16G. I just didn't like the lag of my FMIC, hence why I went with the Process West TMIC. I don't plan any more power upgrades in the future.

IMO you had to small of a turbo for a FMIC. Now if you put something with at least a 74mm wheel you'd of had a better set up.

I doubt that little 16g could even fill the FMIC... silly man, lol

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Need more PSI, 40-45psi should fix that issue... May be a little NO2 would help too.

Move the BOV to before the FMIC inlet. You can always put another injector or two just before the TB too.

All it takes is money.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Mega Users
At least in my case this has proven to be true. Even my tuner tried to stage an intervention and told me to my face that I am silly as hell for wating MOAR power.

Ha! You've told me some good stories about your wheels and the fun you have had in them. Which leads me to believe that you don't fall in this category.

Honestly, I'm not 100% satisfied with my stage 2 yet. I have that loud exhaust deal on the highway that I haven't figured out yet, and I need map editing so I can install my EBCS that I just got in the mail.

But I am literally 2 steps away from being there. If I had a stage 3 build, it would be a never ending process. One thing after another. The motor, the brakes and suspension would have to come next. It would take me forever to allocate the flow for that, nor do I want to spend that kind of time and money on my daily driver. Max, you have weekend wheels. If I had weekend wheels, I'd probably dump a bunch of money into them too.

YA I SAID IT!

What uncertainty? I can put back my stock exhaust at anytime whenever I plan to trade my car in and sell the dp and catback separately. Come on, as a guy we all hear the "must go faster, must go faster" when we launch our car that's when the mod bug sets in and you want to do more upgrades but not all of us have that disposable income to do all those mods. I had some spare cash and instead of getting a new big screen and surround sound system here I am with a basic stage 2 upgrade and loving it. If I was loaded like BMX I'd probably do more :p who knows.

I have a lot of fun and I pay a lot to play but dollar for dollar, stage 2 is the most fun. My LGT WAS a DD and is my "weekend wheels" now. Whats more expensive than modding your car? Modding it so much that you don't drive it except for fun. Now not only is the cost of my mods recreational, the cost of the LGT is recreational!!!

My wife DD's a newer, lower mileage OBXT, loaded, stage1 with suspension mods.

My DD is a 13 year old Dodge Durango and is certainly the vehicle most of the people who know me in person associate me with and if the money I spent on the LGT is any indication, I will be driving the Durango for a long, long time (since I don't want to have to afford the LGT and a new car :lol:)

I have a lot of fun and I pay a lot to play but dollar for dollar, stage 2 is the most fun. My LGT WAS a DD and is my "weekend wheels" now. Whats more expensive than modding your car? Modding it so much that you don't drive it except for fun. Now not only is the cost of my mods recreational, the cost of the LGT is recreational!!!

My wife DD's a newer, lower mileage OBXT, loaded, stage1 with suspension mods.

My DD is a 13 year old Dodge Durango and is certainly the vehicle most of the people who know me in person associate me with and if the money I spent on the LGT is any indication, I will be driving the Durango for a long, long time (since I don't want to have to afford the LGT and a new car :lol:)

It would be funny if I went stage 3, all that power and no where to use it. This is my DD as well, traffic everywhere, only a few times I get up to 80 if I'm lucky and all the cars in the left lane go more than 65.

you're so noooobish. it's not the top speed that you feel with stage 3. even in 1st and 2nd gear WOT it launches your back against the seat you start feeling vertebrae crack, then you have to shift, or let off because redline comes in a blink of an eye.

• Mega Users
What uncertainty? I can put back my stock exhaust at anytime whenever I plan to trade my car in and sell the dp and catback separately. Come on, as a guy we all hear the "must go faster, must go faster" when we launch our car that's when the mod bug sets in and you want to do more upgrades but not all of us have that disposable income to do all those mods. I had some spare cash and instead of getting a new big screen and surround sound system here I am with a basic stage 2 upgrade and loving it. If I was loaded like BMX I'd probably do more :p who knows.

The uncertainty that you may trade your car in. I would never modify my car if in the back of my head there was the possibility of trading it in. I plan on driving this one to the junkyard, or to someone elses house on this forum if its still running.

My stage 2 is a racerx FMIC, turbo XS bpv, perrin 1 piece catted downpipe with an infamous tune. I don't count the AVO intake because CAIs are stupid, and the only reason why I have one is because i couldnt get the god damn airbox to fit back in with the FMIC pipes.

Your CBE is a waste of money for stage 2, and even some stage 3 applications. My Perrin DP coupled to the stock CBE sounds great.

But have fun with your stage 2, because it is fun.

But I am literally 2 steps away from being there. If I had a stage 3 build, it would be a never ending process. One thing after another. The motor, the brakes and suspension would have to come next.

And this is why you do suspension and brakes first :) you'll still experience the difference, at stage -2 (2.5i) or stage eleventy billion. Still, enjoy the ride!

you're so noooobish. it's not the top speed that you feel with stage 3. even in 1st and 2nd gear WOT it launches your back against the seat you start feeling vertebrae crack, then you have to shift, or let off because redline comes in a blink of an eye.

Who is?

You, "all the power and nowhere to use it", that's bogus. Like I said, 2nd gear you can wot and reap the back-breaking benefits of a big turbo on the street, even moreso if you stick with a tmic, spool up and DDability remains very managable, one of the reason i switched to a PW from a FMIC. with my 20g and it's 8cm hotside, it doesn't hit full boost till 4k, but is plenty drivable on the street. If I'm cruising in 2nd I can WOT to pass and screach the front tires a little....

The uncertainty that you may trade your car in. I would never modify my car if in the back of my head there was the possibility of trading it in. I plan on driving this one to the junkyard, or to someone elses house on this forum if its still running.

My stage 2 is a racerx FMIC, turbo XS bpv, perrin 1 piece catted downpipe with an infamous tune. I don't count the AVO intake because CAIs are stupid, and the only reason why I have one is because i couldnt get the god damn airbox to fit back in with the FMIC pipes.

Your CBE is a waste of money for stage 2, and even some stage 3 applications. My Perrin DP coupled to the stock CBE sounds great.

But have fun with your stage 2, because it is fun.

Why not modify a car that I might sell in 2 or 3 years? I love change. Before this I had an 2002 S4 that I kept stock but I had plans to mod, didn't happen and I traded it in for this Legacy after being pissed off for fixing it almost every month.

You, "all the power and nowhere to use it", that's bogus. Like I said, 2nd gear you can wot and reap the back-breaking benefits of a big turbo on the street, even moreso if you stick with a tmic, spool up and DDability remains very managable, one of the reason i switched to a PW from a FMIC. with my 20g and it's 8cm hotside, it doesn't hit full boost till 4k, but is plenty drivable on the street. If I'm cruising in 2nd I can WOT to pass and screach the front tires a little....

Yea I'm talking about when I'm commuting to work in stop and go traffic which is pretty much everyday. Rarely the highway is open where I merge. I've only gotten to WOT once since I got this installed and that was passing someone and that has only been at 65+ Even in that video I was lucky because that little strip right there at the mall usually has mad traffic.

Archived