LegacyGT.com

got some new stuff for engine R&R

Got the oil pump from AZPinstalls today.

Yesterday I stopped by the dealership and ordered new coolant hoses. Just about all of them...

;) A this rate. You'll have as much money is small parts as in the new short block. Don't you hate when that happen:rolleyes::lol::).

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Yes, I realized what the total cost are going to be before I started. But I also plan to keep this car for a while. So I plan get realize the pay back. Every time I drive it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Funny there kid... I'll have the engine back someday, I'm in on hurry, if I was, Eastwoods would take care of me.

Dan will do a nice job on the head porting and he'll assemble them on the block. I may stop by the shop on Monday to check on things.

They have all my contact info if they need me.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

• Mega Users

better reset that sig of yours there;)

I was going to put some money in mine, but financially for me right now, it doesn't make sense. I'm enjoying my stage 2, and I know that within the next 10k miles I will need to do a clutch.

Girlfriends aren't cheap.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

I hear ya, but they do have they're benefits. ;)

You'll want to do the clutch sometime over the summer or late summer, don't wait until its to cold out.

Let me if you want help. I'll grab the pry bars from Ryans.

I just replaced the orange o-rings on the intake to TGV's. Found one of the bolts has a bad thread. I'll replace it.

I also noticed the 6th fuel line clamp under the intake. I used a small pair of needle nose vise grips to grab the thread and tighten it about one turn. I also fixed that upside down clamp that always leaks. I flipped it over so I can get it from the top. Hopefully I never will have the need to again.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4749.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4748.jpg

I'm also trying to remember where that hose off the blue T connects under the intake. That port under there is the for the PCV hose.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4750.jpg

Edited by Max Capacity

That line should go up to the front to meet up with a sensor. I think

Yup the line off the blue T goes to the front side, where it plugs into the tan evap diaphram.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Thanks, is that the round thing with the missing foam here ? I can always pull the engine cover off the Spec and take a peak too. I'm sure I'll do that or have to do that anyways.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4700.jpg

Edited by Max Capacity

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4749.jpg

It's the tan nipple off the black plastic valve, top left of this pic.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Thank You, its back on and zip tied.

I just wrapped the up/dn pipes I just 15ft of DEI wrap. Should I get more down the dp ? Remember this is a year round DD in the New England.

The guy at Advance Auto parts told me yesterday he would have a roll of wrap today. I stopped by at noon, they didn't have it yet. So I went to Auto Zone, they didn't have it either. He said try the speed shop. I went to National Performance across from the subaru dealer, he didn't have a 15ft roll but said the try the Cycle shop 3 doors down.

They had it but $7.00 more then Advance, he asked how much Advance had it for, I told him $17.00, that's what he charged me. I made a point to tell him that the guy from National sent me to him.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4753.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4752.jpg

Edited by Max Capacity

Invidia catless, been on there since Sept 2010.

I also put the coolant tank back in the intake. When I pick up the hoses on Monday, I'll order the turbo intake hose and the TB hose, they are in less then perfect shape.

Took a good look inside the tmic, I'd say no oil, may be a very light film if any. Put anti-seize compound on a bunch of bolts and studs just so it's one less thing to do later.

Edited by Max Capacity

isn't it nice to not have to wrestler under a car with engine stuff when all that stuff is on a stand infront of you? it's mind boggling, spark plugs are a breeze! lol

Ha ya spark plugs are such a pain normally.

Definitly loving this thread... Sorry it has to be at your expense though...

Priorities change when car parts come into the equation

Just finished wrapping and heat coating mine today not much further then yours but past the bend is how long the roll lasted me ha

Maybe that will help the CV boot last a little longer...

BTW the foam circle thing is the filter for the MAP sensor. You don't even need it to be there, but why mess with it.

Separately, I take a course grit sand paper to all the hose nipples, and then degrease, then sometimes hair spray. Then zip tie or clamp. Almost any line coming off is either a pain in the butt, or a world of hurt.

Maybe that will help the CV boot last a little longer...

QUOTE]

Replaced the boot once for being torn decided to replace just the boot, clamps, and grease... What a mess may just go with the whole assembly. Havent put on yet so dont know if it would help but one would think so...

Priorities change when car parts come into the equation

isn't it nice to not have to wrestler under a car with engine stuff when all that stuff is on a stand infront of you? it's mind boggling, spark plugs are a breeze! lol

Yes, it dose make things a lot easier. I'll cutting off the old heater hoses this week and replacing them with new ones. I may grab the power washer and clean up the engine bay a bit too.

I'll be stopping by the machine shop in a few, I toldthem I'd be stopping by tonight and they told me its apart.

Update coming tonight.

byron, make sure you clean the tgv bottoms and the intake tgv surface on your head good, the gasket is a paper/metal gasket so there's an easy chance you could get a leak there, i had a leak the first time around.

• Mega Users
you aren't doing stock fueling are you? especially with that VF52 and nice new spec clutch? you're just some 750cc top feeds and DW 65c fuel pump away. I know a kid from CT that's selling some top feeds in the member classifieds right now. Heck, I bet he'd even drive them down to you:)
"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

he want's daily stock power, lol. but, even then, i know of two people with fmic vf52 setups on stock injectors making over 300whp. at the moment his mod lists needs improvement with other items first if he wants more power. injectors with a vf52 would be the last thing i'd upgrade.