LegacyGT.com

got some new stuff for engine R&R

On 8/2/2023 at 6:54 PM, Max Capacity said:

I hear the wagon has moved on to its new owner, hopefully he'll chime in on the forum soon.

Previous owner, had to get rid of some of his toy's, needed the room.

Hello All,

I just wanted to introduce myself here. The name's Paul (Dicky) and I am the new owner of the '05GT. I've had it since Monday and it's been a lot of fun to drive. I'm sure I'll check back in frequently to keep everyone up to date on the car. If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to reach out.

Thanks!

Dicky 

• Like 3

@Pleides I'll definitely post photos as I do some work. There are a few issues that I'd like to tackle. The car has issues stalling out at idle and has cut out a few times at low speeds when the clutch is engaged. The rear-passenger side window doesn't go down either. It's not a huge concern, but would love to get it fixed. The e-brake also needs adjusting or some new shoes - it doesn't hold at all. All-in-all the car is really fun to drive. I don't have any big plans for it - I'll probably just maintain it as long as I can. I'm open to any input! 

Maybe its time to start your own thread.

The e-brake, you can adjust them with a brake tool, I think the right side is backed off more than it needs to be. 

There is a SS bolt that I used to replace the old pin that holds the parking brake shoes in place. There is also a adjuster under the e-brake handle. I did play with that once years ago.

rear window and stalling are new to me.  Maybe a vacuum leak for the stalling issue.

Let's get your own thread going. If you'd like, you can link this thread to your new one, if someone wants to know more background.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here