LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT moved from STU to STX

iggybdawg

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Northwest has lots of cold and rain, and the Z1's supposedly did well with that.

I took my first high pax finish on them in a winter series event a few years ago, way before I ever started to really learn how to drive. It was roughly 38F that day and dry. I lost (pax wise) to a well prepared (owner is a Porsche tuner), co-driven 924.

I believe I was 4th in raw times also...lost to that same Porsche and a kart.

Ordinarily I wouldn't put a lot of stock into results, but there were MANY drivers there who regularly whooped my ass back then in the summer series. Most of them are still faster, but I closed the gap a good deal.

• 4 weeks later...

Good luck in STX this year gentlemen! I'm jumping ship to CS (for now). I already ordered a Sparco Chrono Road seat and sliders to get me more comfortable in the car. I might do a sunroof delete also which should net me another couple inches. Yes, I know those mods would bump me into ST and SM respectively, but given my overall giantness and not doing any big time events, I won't have any problems locally. And yes I still have the LGT.

856248_10100215484808967_450012220_o.jpg

So you gonna be in RTR or are you gonna by r-comps?

Well, the seat ate into my r-comp budget pretty well. The car has S-Drives on it right now with a lot of life yet, but hopefully by the 2nd or 3rd event I'll have gotten another set of stock wheels and take-off A6s. But yes I plan on sticking with the real CS. We should have a nice field this year in CS, although I think most of them will be on street tires.

Eventually I'll move up to STU. I think a STU M3 would be a great car for Bader.

Do you guys have any alignment specs or advice that I could benefit from? I have Hotchkis swaybars front and rear, I'll be upgrading to Bilstein HDs this summer, and will be running a 235/45/17 tire. My car is used for DD purposes but I'll probably be doing an AutoX event once every-other weekend.

I'll be mounting them on a set of the 17x7.5 BBS STI rims. It looks like it's 0.35" taller than the 225/45s I had on, but I have access to a fender roller if I need it. The only reason for not getting a 235/40 is tire selection- I'm going with the PSS over the ZIIs for durability and rain traction. I'll probably be putting on 15k miles this summer and I'd rather not have to buy a new set of *specs every year if I don't have to

ZII's are better in the rain, and may last nearly as long

Where did you hear this from?

I haven't heard much about the ZIIs except they're supposed to have better dry traction and worse wet traction than the ZIs did. And if the life of the ZIs was anything to base expectations on, the ZIIs should last 20k give or take a few whereas the PSS have a 30k tread warranty (but AutoX should definitely reduce the life)

I know people have been touting the PSS for rainy autox now, but in all honesty, how many rainy autoxes will you really end up doing? The guys that switch to the PSS for rain are the top level national drivers.

In 5 or 6 years of autoxing I think I've done maybe 2 wet events, and I slaughtered the RWD and FWD cars. Considering it's a rainy day, the only other car in STX you'd have to worry about is the WRX. I'd just go for the Z2s.

And yes, 235s are too much for a 7.5. My 245s look smushed onto my 8s, although the SS does fit more like a 255.

Archived