LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT moved from STU to STX

iggybdawg

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
have fun! what mods do you have that put you in STX?

Coilovers were the main "bump". I ran DS last year with plenty of bushings, but the loud exhaust raised a few eyebrows. :cool:

My Ventus V12 Evo2s held up well, definitely seemed to prefer being on the autoX where they didn't get up to temp - on a road course I found the grip starting to fade.

The sidewall also felt a little weak - I'm running these at 36F/34R PSI, seems like more than most?

Anyone have a solution for PS cutting out? Maybe a DIY baffle for the reservoir? The course we ran had 3x 180 degree turns, it cut out on the exit almost every time. :spin:

Coilovers were the main "bump". I ran DS last year with plenty of bushings, but the loud exhaust raised a few eyebrows. :cool:

My Ventus V12 Evo2s held up well, definitely seemed to prefer being on the autoX where they didn't get up to temp - on a road course I found the grip starting to fade.

The sidewall also felt a little weak - I'm running these at 36F/34R PSI, seems like more than most?

Anyone have a solution for PS cutting out? Maybe a DIY baffle for the reservoir? The course we ran had 3x 180 degree turns, it cut out on the exit almost every time. :spin:

Check the o-rings? they go bad after awhile. MY PS cuts out, too. I never found a fix, just tried to not go lock-to-lock so much.

When I was lapping, I ran (outside front=48, inside front=46, outside rear=44, inside rear=40). Outside being relative to course direction. All courses in PNW I ran are CCW. I ran very high psi to prevent rollover. Eventually going to race tires (BFG R1) and then dropping the pressures down to low 30's.

Wagon responded better with less tire pressure in rear. YMMV

C

My Ventus V12 Evo2s held up well,

:lol: compared to what? when you get yourself a set of real extreme performance summers *cough*RE-71R*cough* you will see that those V12's are poop.

Its very easy to get ahead of power steering on the LGT. i just chalked it up to being the nature of the beast. drive through it.

:lol: compared to what?

That'd be the Khumo Ecstas I got locally for a steal of a deal - don't regret the great DD use I got from them, but ugh, no fun for having fun. Totally recognize that the V12s are far from the best, but everyone's got a budget!

Appreciate the advice guys, heading out again on the 23rd.

• I Donated
^yup. told ya.

There's almost no audio feedback with them, but they grip like nothing I've ever driven on before. I'm getting an alignment this week so I can have more camber, I can definitely tell that I don't have enough from the wear patterns on the tires when I took them off sunday.

have you done any tire temp checks? Id hold off on the alignment until you verify that the tire temp on the outside shoulder is way hotter than the inside, and that adjusting tire pressures wont help equalize it. Not sure how much camber you are running now, but you can make changes just from wear pattern alone after one event.

Having said all this, there is nothing wrong with maxing negative camber out. Once you do this though, do the tire temp checks to see if you made the right move.

• 1 year later...
The VF52 WRX and STI are the only boosted Subarus in STU. The rest of the newer Subarus are still in STX.

Nobody even brought a STX WRX to Lincoln last year. That says a lot. Don't forget the extra power comes with a weight penalty as well.

right so now the 09-14 vf52 wrx will be in STH and take a dump on everyone else at pro-solos. Other than the maybe AWD golf R, Only the WRX will be getting those 1.6 60' times.

• I Donated
The VF52 WRX and STI are the only boosted Subarus in STU. The rest of the newer Subarus are still in STX.

Nobody even brought a STX WRX to Lincoln last year. That says a lot. Don't forget the extra power comes with a weight penalty as well.

I was thinking of the move from ESP to ASP, my bad.

Archived