LegacyGT.com

How many miles do you have on your n/a legacy

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does seem excessive, 59k on my 2007 and not even an oil leak.

Edit: Noticed my passenger side head gasket stained with oil yesterday while changing the oil filter. Today I drained my coolant and added the Subaru coolant additive to the rad and topped everything off properly. So begin the head gasket woes. :rolleyes:

• 8 months later...

07 2.5i, 183k of hard driving, lead-footed joy. New pcv, plug wires, differential oil, a/c condenser (stupid place for that thing, it's a magnet for rocks), clutch, lots of oil... I've had to replace the d/s front axle (twice) due to someone thinking the front wheel was a good place for their bumper.

The Beast now needs a d/s front hub (got the growls), valve cover gaskets and plug seals, shocks/struts, and probably a head gasket (smelling antifreeze, heater's not working well, burning & leaking oil more)- but hey, any car that can put up with ME for this long deserves some love. Now, anyone got the winning lottery numbers they'd like to share?

112k on my 09 2.5i SE in near mint condition. Did the timing belt, tensioner, idler pulley, accessory belts, cam seals, head gaskets, valve cover gaskets, plug gaskets, plugs and wires, A/C compressor, and new battery @ 108k.

Just cracked 180000 kilometres. Probably going to put another 2500k on it over Christmas break.

This summer I plan on doing the sway bar endlinks, valve cover gaskets, rear differential oil, and possibly head gaskets as I have a microscopically small coolant leak.

• 1 month later...

Just hit 104,000 on my 09 2.5i SE. New timing stuff and new clutch set. The throw out seized up on me in the middle of rush hour. I pulled it apart and this is what I found:

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/21/55ef15c7acfc5013631bc7f4275aaa3b.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/21/6409b8f7d2f1a34c3556de1e6a111488.jpg

Just hit 104,000 on my 09 2.5i SE. New timing stuff and new clutch set. The throw out seized up on me in the middle of rush hour. I pulled it apart and this is what I found:

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/21/55ef15c7acfc5013631bc7f4275aaa3b.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/21/6409b8f7d2f1a34c3556de1e6a111488.jpg

yikes! :eek:

2008 with 97k. Running great so far, lookin into changing the HG before they shit the sheets.

I am in Maryland too. 2008 2.5i, just hit 133k miles. I did timing belt at 100k but HG is such a big job, I think Im just gonna wait for them to start going bad *knock on wood* before I replace. Hopefully I have at least another 20k miles on the newer style HG. But this EJ is better than my old cars

96L Valve cover gasket at 88k miles

00RS HG at 123K miles

97 LGT HG at ~128K miles

• 9 months later...

Just rolled over 199k kms (~124k miles) last night on the way back from seeing The Martian. Excellent movie.

Did the front sway bar endlinks, coolant flush, and trans/front diff fluid this past summer. Needs front brake pads, probably new fluid. Probably needs a head gasket in the near future as I can smell coolant burning, but there's no milkshake and it still runs just fine so I'll just wait till it gets worse. Still on the original clutch as well.

Just rolled over 199k kms (~124k miles) last night on the way back from seeing The Martian. Excellent movie.

Did the front sway bar endlinks, coolant flush, and trans/front diff fluid this past summer. Needs front brake pads, probably new fluid. Probably needs a head gasket in the near future as I can smell coolant burning, but there's no milkshake and it still runs just fine so I'll just wait till it gets worse. Still on the original clutch as well.

Good data as I hit 150km on mine. Interesting on the clutch as my throw-out bearing is noisy now.

Archived