LegacyGT.com

Help reading

Hepy117

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Just wanted to post a quick update for everyone who has been involved in helping me or care about the situation. I took my car to the shop yesterday and they diagnosed it as a bad BCS. I am going to get a new one and see if that is what is bad. Let's hope this is it. If it is I am going stage 2 next weekend!

Need some more help! Installed a new BCS known to hold 17psi. Took my car for a drive. Still getting less than 11psi. After reading a post on here, I disconnected the vac hose to the actuator and easily got 17psi. Now on the same posting they said if this happens I have a problem with my bcs (factored this out with a new bcs), pill, or other boost controls. My question is, what are the other boost controllers besides the pill and bcs? Also, is the pill in a 07 spec b the same as the pill in the 05/06's? When looking on the sight I see a listing for those years but not newer.

could be one or the other.... essentially you've mechanically forced 17psi so you know the actuator is okay, you've tried two bcs's with the same result, the only thing controlling that is the ecu and its rom. maybe check the wiring going to the bcs? i figure it would throw a code for an electrical fault

Archived